PDA

View Full Version : Visitors, how to survive them?

Dave777
28-07-07, 10:58
Hiya, my Partner is having her friend,teenage lad, and maybe her partner stay for a weekend.
Can anybody relate to my feelings of "oh cr*p, can't face it"

Any tips of how to entertain and keep smiling will be greatly appreciated.

Also how do I keep a teenager away from all my Toys?!! lol:winks:

Dave (selfish, grumpy 'ol bloke) x:blush: bah humbug !

darkangel
28-07-07, 11:11
Hi Dave

Lol, Im sure you are not as grumpy as you make out :winks:

Anyway, look on the weekend as fun and just be yourself. Visitors prefer a relaxed happy home where they can enjoy and be themselves so I wouldn't get too worried about it - hopefully the weather will be great and you can have a fab barbeque.

As for the teenager, Im sure he will have his own toys with him lol, they seem to spend hours doing stuff on a mobile! You can always get the dominoes out if he gets that bored though lol.

If all else fails, pour yourself a glass of wine and just chill.....................

Im sure it will go great

Luv Darkangel :flowers:

Dave777
28-07-07, 11:47
Hiya,thanks for the advice, thought of buying a straight jacket for the teenager from eBay lol:winks:

Your advice sounds good, losen up, drink heavily..... a good guide for a happy life.. haha:shades:

Hope to do a BBQ but who knows with the daily monsoons, maybe you should drop by and help out?, maybe you all should come!!? .... my address is:
?!>?!>?!>!>?!
haha aint I sooo BAD:noangel: xx

Piglet
28-07-07, 12:56
Think the answer here is don't worry about entertaining people - just be jovial and keep food and drink coming lol!!:yesyes:

Love Piglet :flowers:

Dave777
28-07-07, 13:07
thanks Piglet, PINK is the new BLUE lolxx:okay:

kilvosa
28-07-07, 13:26
Hi dave
Im sure you will be fine ive got my friend and her teenager son coming yoday for a week hes an emo( cant spell it) wears more make up than me!!! Got the playstation ready and a few outings too havent done the food shopping yet whoops!
After they go ive got a teenager coming for a week used to care for her twin sister for 12 years, dont know what im gonna do with her yet trip to the shops is always a wiinner with girls got two younger kids at home so hopefully they will alll entertain themselves lol
Hope youre weekend goes ok.
Take care
Annexx

Dave777
28-07-07, 14:11
Hi Anne, if you can do all that, I can do it too! lol:D

As luck would have it I've got a Play Station, maybe I should dust it down and power it up ?
Meanwhile I'll stock up the wine rack... haha:yesyes: xx

trac67
28-07-07, 14:35
oi you, stop being one of the original grumpy old men and relax and enjoy lol

And if all else fails you could move into the garden shed for the weekend lol

Catch you later

Love

Trac xxx

Dave777
28-07-07, 15:16
Hi Trac, garden shed sound a great idea, lots of mega big spiders! :yesyes: xxxx

trac67
28-07-07, 16:03
Dave is that a pic of you in the hat honey lol

See told you i was full of something, now i know what it is ................... ideas lol

Love

Trac xxx

groovygranny
29-07-07, 00:29
Ahem.....excuse me, oh grumpy person.....PINK is absolutely not the new BLUE Dave !!

not by any stretch of the imagination!! I'd rather confront the outsized arachnoids in your garden shed than accept that blasphemy mate !!:mad:

MAGNOLIA, BEIGE, and any shades thereof, now.........they are 'de rigeur'....!!!:yesyes:

Right .....now I've got that off my chest.....:noangel:

Rather than try and keep away said adolescent from your toys, I reckon you ought to invite him to play with them with you....that way you can keep an eye on him....and impress him with your prowess and your ability to revert to your second childhood at the same time!! Total respect !!

Seriously though mate, you don't have to try and be anything you don't want to be. Teenagers respond to being made to feel all grown up.........and you can do this by involving him in whatever you're doing.

You never know, you might even find yourself enjoying it.......and if you don't, well just think ahead and know that it'll all be over by Monday lol !!

Did I hear you mention copious amounts of red wine?:shades:

would you like GG to babysit???

Take care mate......and have fuuuun !!!

:madness:xxx

Dave777
29-07-07, 08:45
Hiya GG, (feeling humble talking to GG in her capacity as an admin. person)

Joking apart, its not a Toys thing, it's a, ....I like visitors, but nice when they leave after 4-5 hours.:blush: A three day stay is a different ball game :footy:

When you are feeling fragile, tired and on edge it's difficult to be the hostess with the mostess don't you think?:shrug:

Dave xx

groovygranny
29-07-07, 11:23
Heya Dave.....I'm still GG and still human....just! lol!

I absolutely take your point re: feeling fragile, tired and edgey - been there myself in a similar situation on occasion.

You didn't mention when the impending visit is - is there any chance you could postpone it until you're feeling a bit better?

If not, then I reckon the best thing for you to do is just 'go with the flow' as best you can and not worry about what your visitors may think. And, if you're brave enough, perhaps you could even mention a bit about why you're feeling how you are. Nothing major like sharing the most intimate details of your life, but just enough for them to know that you're not quite up to being 'social celebrity of the year' ?

I had to do exactly that once when one of hubby's friends came to visit - admittedly not to stay for that long - and I was pleasantly surprised at her understanding.

Have you discussed how you feel with your partner, and maybe the possibility of postponing the visit?

Sorry if my previous reply was a bit too 'flippant' - wasn't intended to be ! I do sympathise with you and understand how you feel.

Keep us posted ok then?

Big 'ugs for you

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

Piglet
29-07-07, 12:47
How's it going?

Love Piglet :flowers:

Dave777
29-07-07, 17:10
Hi Piglet, was that question for me or GG?:huh:

Visitors are two weeks away, plenty of time for me to make the shed comfortable ! haha:byebye:

thanks for caring, you and GG:) xx

kazzie
29-07-07, 17:58
Hi Dave:D

1. Buy a padlock for the shed, install teenager on arrival and lock firmly.

2. Buy a large bottle of wine, uncork and enjoy.

Seriously mate guests are a pain in the bum!!!

Ive just had a phone call from a mate in Scotland who has invited himself for a fortnights holiday soon grrrrrrrr

Can see the local pubs profits soaring cos I shall be living there:yesyes:

Best of luck:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x

Dave777
30-07-07, 20:25
Hi Kazzie thanks for your advice, plan sounds great, see you at the Pub:yesyes: x

kazzie
30-07-07, 20:49
Its a date:yesyes:

Kaz x