PDA

View Full Version : Scared of getting mad cow from eating beef

kalny
22-06-18, 17:00
...is this a common worry among sufferers?

I've only just began being concerned about this. I'm supposed to be having a cottage pie tonight (UK) and I'm really scared now!

ServerError
22-06-18, 17:04
Theres no chance. Affected cattle do not enter the British food chain. The BSE crisis was a terrible thing but it was nearly 20 years ago and a lot has changed.

kalny
22-06-18, 17:05
Theres no chance. Infected cattle do not enter the British food chain. The BSE crisis was a terrible thing but it was nearly 20 years ago and a lot has changed.

I REALLY appreciate your quick response to this thanks.

When you say they don't enter the food chain, what do you mean by that?

ServerError
22-06-18, 17:07
None of the cattle slaughtered for human consumption in the UK has BSE ("mad cow disease").

I'm not surely the details but there is regulation in place to prevent it.

kalny
22-06-18, 17:08
None of the cattle slaughtered for human consumption in the UK has BSE ("mad cow disease").

I'm not surely the details but there is regulation in place to prevent it.

Righty. Thank you. I googled earlier - BAD idea. Very scary. I couldn't get any solid answers though.

ServerError
22-06-18, 17:11
Look at all the beef people eat. For some, it's an everyday part of their diet, which is probably not advisable.

The BSE crisis was awful, but the UK responded and there's just no way. Don't give it a second thought.

kalny
22-06-18, 17:12
Look at all the beef people eat. For some, it's an everyday part of their diet, which is probably not advisable.

The BSE crisis was awful, but the UK responded and there's just no way. Don't give it a second thought.

I can't thank you enough for reassuring me.

ServerError
22-06-18, 17:19
No need to thank me.

If you're prone to anxious or irrational fears, it would be worth getting some professional help with it. Reassurance tends not to last very long and newcfears crop up to replace old ones.

kalny
22-06-18, 17:20
No need to thank me.

If you're prone to anxious or irrational fears, it would be worth getting some professional help with it. Reassurance tends not to last very long and newcfears crop up to replace old ones.

Thanks man. I'm currently doing some online CBT with healthy minds.

ServerError
22-06-18, 17:23
Good to hear of someone taking advantage of free resources. Stick at it. Finding a real life counsellor might be helpful too.

Scass
22-06-18, 17:48
I remember when that all happened! I didn’t eat beef for years [emoji15][emoji849]. I think I kidded myself that it was for some other reason, but I don’t think anyone was fooled. Don’t worry, there’s nothing that should concern you about BSE. What a waste of a good cottage pie!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ServerError
22-06-18, 17:57
I'm not a fan of cottage pie myself. Nor its lamb-based brother shepherd's pie. Doesn't do a lot for me. Although with a bit of cheese over the top it does go up a notch.

kalny
22-06-18, 18:07
I remember when that all happened! I didn’t eat beef for years [emoji15][emoji849]. I think I kidded myself that it was for some other reason, but I don’t think anyone was fooled. Don’t worry, there’s nothing that should concern you about BSE. What a waste of a good cottage pie!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to try and face my fears and have it!

Fishmanpa
22-06-18, 18:09
Well, the cow you ate was dead so I don't think he'll be mad but his family and friends? Look over your shoulder when you pass a farm! :winks:

Positive thoughts and burgers on the grill this weekend!

kalny
22-06-18, 18:57
I have had the pie :blush:

Now to try and forget this worry!