PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety spiked over BEA.

HelloPanda23
23-06-18, 02:46
Was doing good these 3 days, feeling completely fine and anxiety free. Then I ended up having a congested nose? Or I feel as though my nose got congested. As a result, I got scared and assumed the symptoms finally started kicking in from brain eating amoeba. I have had this fear for 10 days, and it's been 10 days since I got a bit of water in my nose from my pool. I know I couldn't have gotten BEA from the pool because it's treated weekly and has salt along with chlorination. At this point, im not scared of getting BEA through the pool, but more afraid to get it through rinsing my nose with faucet water. I accidentely got a bit of water in my nose through washing up in the morning but wiped it off. Its been an hour and my nose feels a bit congested and I'm scared. I just wish I never read about this stupid disease and I'm so afraid to leave this world so early.

lucylul
23-06-18, 02:50
Its just a congested nose.. If its been 10 days this brain eating amoeba would of killed you by now. You are fine.

HelloPanda23
23-06-18, 03:12
Its just a congested nose.. If its been 10 days this brain eating amoeba would of killed you by now. You are fine.

I pray that this is the case. I don't know what I've ever done to deserve this terrible anxiety. My life is going great and yet these thoughts are holding me back. I just want to reset to 3 months ago, before I started my whole HA hy drinking an energy drink.

AMomentofClarity
23-06-18, 03:54
I pray that this is the case. I don't know what I've ever done to deserve this terrible anxiety. My life is going great and yet these thoughts are holding me back. I just want to reset to 3 months ago, before I started my whole HA hy drinking an energy drink.

You’re still young and have a chance to nip this in the bud. I’d highly recommend working on it, it’s only going to get worse with age.

HelloPanda23
23-06-18, 04:52
You’re still young and have a chance to nip this in the bud. I’d highly recommend working on it, it’s only going to get worse with age.

If you've conquered your HA, how'd you do it? It's pretty difficult to handle, and I was at least able to control my ALS anxiety, but this one feels harder.

MyNameIsTerry
23-06-18, 04:57

I would absolutely agree with this. It gets more ingrained the more years it has to create new negative core beliefs and spending longer in negative thinking styles. It all gets entangled too.

It's still possible to resolve all that but it's more complicated and likely a longer experience.

AMomentofClarity
23-06-18, 05:06
If you've conquered your HA, how'd you do it? It's pretty difficult to handle, and I was at least able to control my ALS anxiety, but this one feels harder.

I would never say I conquered it. After an exceptionally bad few months, I went to therapy and got put on a low dose of medication. It wasn’t a lot, but enough to get my head on straight. Once I broke the cycle of negativity, it’s been a lot easier to think through things more logically.

HelloPanda23
23-06-18, 05:20
I would never say I conquered it. After an exceptionally bad few months, I went to therapy and got put on a low dose of medication. It wasn’t a lot, but enough to get my head on straight. Once I broke the cycle of negativity, it’s been a lot easier to think through things more logically.

I want to conquer HA without meds though, I don't want to rely on substances for help.

AMomentofClarity
23-06-18, 05:42
Sure,medication isn’t for everyone, but it beats the hell out of spending all day every day worrying about irrational health concerns.

Fishmanpa
23-06-18, 14:44
I want to conquer HA without meds though, I don't want to rely on substances for help.

Just like some physical conditions, some mental conditions require medication. I literally take a half a dozen prescriptions and another half a dozen OTC meds and vitamin supplements daily, morning and evening.

As AMOC said, sometimes you need a crutch to help get you back on your feet. I personally took Zoloft for 6 months while in therapy for some depression after my 1st heart attack. It helped me focus on therapy.

Talk to your doctor about it as well as real life professional help. These are just words on a screen from strangers on the internet. Ultimately, it's up to you to take the first steps toward healing.

Positive thoughts

HelloPanda23
23-06-18, 19:06
Either way, atm, I'd just like to get away from the thought that I have this disease. The only way to do that is to give it time, or so I believe. What scares me though is that I just woke up and feel as if my sense of smell is different, as if I can't pick up things that have very little scents to it. Somethings like deodorant, toothpaste, or cologne have a scent I can pick up, but nothing else. I'm taking it as calmly as possible, but I'm a bit afraid because a change in a sense of smell is one of the symptoms. The thing is, I haven't been near a contaminated source at all, and so how could this be possible?

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

It seems as though I'm getting sick and so that makes sense because the AC was on all day at my house yesterday, and it was pretty cold at times. Even gave me the chills and all. I just hope I'm getting sick and as a result, my noses scent is a bit diminished (because people tend to lose their sense of taste and smell upon getting sick). It's happend to me many times before, but at those times, I didn't have HA, lol.

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

Apparently I do have a sense of smell, even though at first I assumed I didn't. I barely freaked out though, and so I'm proud of myself. My day started weak, but it's continuing on strong. Been 11 days since I apparently "got" infected and so I'm doing great lol.