PDA

View Full Version : Sinus Cancer/Brain Tumors? Someone please

LouiseAndy
23-06-18, 10:21
So I'm really having a epoisde about health anixety at the moment. Between horrible IBS pain now this.

I keep getting this like incribely sharp pain along the left side of my nose up to the top of my forehead. It's also behind my ear. When the sharp pain isn't there it's just a strange fullness like something is waiting to come gushing down but won't come.

I also for the last few weeks kept getting this random bits of like clear liquid out of the left nositral. I didn't think much of it until the pain settled in. Yesterday there was a bit of blood when I blew my nose but nothing like a nosebleed. Like it's worse when I get up so of course that makes me worried.

I get dizzy spells and like brain pops but I've had them for awhile but this is worse. Like if I push against the area sometimes it can make it way more painful.

Can someone please help? I don't want to turn to doctor Google but I did for headaches and sinus issues a year ago (it wasn't the same as this) and of course it gave me sinus cancer and brain tumors. I'm just finding this all so hard and difficult.

xmas2016
23-06-18, 10:32
I get something very similar, like a fullness/pressure in my head and on my nose like something is pushing on it, I’m having a CT scan this morning

LouiseAndy
23-06-18, 17:16
I get something very similar, like a fullness/pressure in my head and on my nose like something is pushing on it, I’m having a CT scan this morning

Good Luck! Let us know how you get on :)

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

Someone, please? I was outside hanging up some clothes on the washing and I kept getting intense pain in the space to the left of my eyebrow. Kinda towards the middle of my eyebrows. It comes and goes the pain but it really hurts. The pressie fullness is always there.

I've had issues with sinus before nothing like this.

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

The pain is just in intense but I feel worse. I feel so exhausted. My body feels so weak. I had to lay down and shut my eyes but then I felt so strange look I was falling into darkness. My arms also feel strongly heavy.

There was some blood when I blew down my noses earlier. It seems like sometimes its fine when I touch the area and sometimes it sharply painful.

Someone... Please

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

I've tried talking to family about it... My Mam just shrugged it off and my sister just gave me painkillers and told me she didn't want to hear it anymore.

Im scared there's something seriously wrong but they won't listen to me. This is horrible. Like my eyes fill with tears the pain is intense. I'm sorry for ranting on so much. I just feel so lost in all of this and no one to turn too.

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

Sorry for ranting so such... I just feel so awful. Nothing feels better after the painkillers (it's been awhile). I can't stop thinking with everything that I have some awful cancer/tumor or some other awful illness that will kill me any moment and my family just... Don't want to hear it. I don't blame them.

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

I just went outside and I couldn't help but cry. The pains so intense. Now as well as all the other areas, it's now running along the top of my left eyebrow area and behind my eye. As I write this I can feel it spreading to my temple. I don't know what to do. I feel like I could do any second.

Elen
23-06-18, 20:31
Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

KK77
23-06-18, 20:37
What are you doing to get HA under control? You must recognise the pattern so try to focus on methods you've used in the past. There is a lot of self-help info on NMP too.

Are you taking any meds?

pulisa
23-06-18, 20:47
Your family wouldn't ignore your symptoms if you were seriously ill, Louise.
You wouldn't be able to write it all down on here let alone feel like coming online to describe your symptoms if you were about to die.
Perceived symptoms can feel a hell of a lot worse when you are panicking.

LouiseAndy
23-06-18, 20:57
What are you doing to get HA under control? You must recognise the pattern so try to focus on methods you've used in the past. There is a lot of self-help info on NMP too.

Are you taking any meds?

I went to a therapist as part of my college programme all year but it's summer break now I've moved home so that service isn't available at the moment. The waiting list foreven for private is so long here that I would propbaly be back in college again by the time I would even get a appoiment!.

No. I used to take meds for depression but my gp decided to slowly take me off that during the spring when she saw a improve (hard to believe I know).

Thank you for replying! I'm sorry for being such a mess about this.

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Your family wouldn't ignore your symptoms if you were seriously ill, Louise.
You wouldn't be able to write it all down on here let alone feel like coming online to describe your symptoms if you were about to die.
Perceived symptoms can feel a hell of a lot worse when you are panicking.

You right. I know that, it's ridiculous to think such a thing on my part. I was having a bit over a epoisde for most of the day and I went for a rest for a few hours and since waking up my mind has cleared a bit. My Mam has done her best to support me, as well as my other family members. I just wasn't thinking right. As people who get horrible headaches and just shrug it off. While I panic about everything.

While things still feel phyical awful, mentally I do feel a bit better. Trying to remind myself that it's propbaly just some sinus issue and not everything comes back to something so sinster or something.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. It means a lot.

pulisa
23-06-18, 21:08
If I were you I'd stay off here for a while until you feel a bit better. There's so much symptom talk on here and it's easy to get submerged in it. I'm glad your family are supportive. It's important not to jump to worse case scenario with every symptom you get-your mind will be constantly scanning your body for any sensation/pain/discomfort which is out of the ordinary. If you can just try and calm yourself down a bit by acknowledging that you aren't in any danger then you may find that the symptoms become less prominent and gradually tail off. I do hope so.
I really hope things improve for you, Louise. I'm sure they will if you believe you are ok but are dealing with HA and nothing more sinister.

Fishmanpa
23-06-18, 21:15
If I were you I'd stay off here for a while until you feel a bit better. There's so much symptom talk on here and it's easy to get submerged in it.

Great advice! You're really spiraling right now and by keeping a diary of all your symptoms and reading about others, you're feeding the dragon big time.

Positive thoughts

LouiseAndy
23-06-18, 21:28
If I were you I'd stay off here for a while until you feel a bit better. There's so much symptom talk on here and it's easy to get submerged in it. I'm glad your family are supportive. It's important not to jump to worse case scenario with every symptom you get-your mind will be constantly scanning your body for any sensation/pain/discomfort which is out of the ordinary. If you can just try and calm yourself down a bit by acknowledging that you aren't in any danger then you may find that the symptoms become less prominent and gradually tail off. I do hope so.
I really hope things improve for you, Louise. I'm sure they will if you believe you are ok but are dealing with HA and nothing more sinister.

Thank you so, so much for writing this. It means alot. You're right. There's certain issues I didn't even think about until I read about them and wondered if they applied to me. Like this is propbaly just a sinus or some normal enough issues but being stressed is making it a million times worse then it needs to be. Honestly thank you so much. I'll definitely take on your advice and take a break away from this.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

Great advice! You're really spiraling right now and by keeping a diary of all your symptoms and reading about others, you're feeding the dragon big time.

Positive thoughts

Yeah, truly some good advice! I think it's important to just remind myself not everything no matter how painful it may be or seem means something sinster. Thinking that it is sinster can be the most sinster thing of all sometimes I guess.

Thank you all so so much for the reply and advice.

pulisa
23-06-18, 21:35
I honestly think you'll feel better and get a bit more normality back into your life away from the constant reminder of people's symptoms and intense fears which just make your own anxieties more prominent. I do hope you feel better soon xx

LouiseAndy
23-06-18, 22:01
I honestly think you'll feel better and get a bit more normality back into your life away from the constant reminder of people's symptoms and intense fears which just make your own anxieties more prominent. I do hope you feel better soon xx

Thank you so much. Like even just thinking about it more clearly like it seems way worse when I lean my head forward and stuff! Like classic sinuses issues and not something sinster :blush:. Thank you once again and not I'm logging off x

LouiseAndy
24-06-18, 18:00
So, today was a really good day over all so far. I had lunch with my Mam between work shifts.

The headache/pain whatever you want to call it was there but I just got on with it without worrying. I also got a nosebleed? Like it gushed blood and I still manged not to panic!

Im going to the nurse this week (I need to get shoot of vitamins every few weeks) and I was thinking maybe I could just ask her to check my nose if there is still a issue? Because I'm not worried enough to spend 60 euros on a doctor visit to be honest where this is free or would that be feeding into it to much?

LouiseAndy
26-06-18, 02:36
I'm going to the nurse to get a vitiam shoot tomorrow, I'm just going to ask her to check up my nose and stuff! I'm sure it's going to be okay and she won't even tell me I need to see the doctor (well hopefully not anyway!)

Today wasn't so bad, I had bits of blood and stuff coming from both sides but not like goshing. I've had some stuffiness, some head pain/pressie as well as under my ear and stuff on the right hand side. The dryness at the back of thoart and some mucus blah blah

Yet for all this! It's propbaly some small issue and it's all going to be just fine. Hopefully tommrrow I'll come back with some good news and I'm truly going to take a break from this.

Hope everyone's well x

---------- Post added 26-06-18 at 02:36 ---------- Previous post was 25-06-18 at 23:42 ----------

I felt like something was stuck up my left nostril...the one I was having all the issues with and the bleed. No matter what I can't get seem to get it done. It feels more difficult to breath through that one then the right....I'm freaking out now. I can already tell what google would tell me. A tumor in the nose or something like that. I manged to stay postie all day and now I'm starting to panic. I'm really hoping I can get a okay answer from the nurse tomorrow and just move on. :weep:

LouiseAndy
26-06-18, 14:53
I'm not having a good day... I had blood coming down from both sides of my nose when I woke up this morning. The pain and pressure is all there. I just had a huge nose bleed that was pumping blood and like large globs of blood for for ages and hasn't really fully stopped. I'm on my way to the nurses now and I'm so scared.

Fishmanpa
26-06-18, 15:20
I'll reiterate Pulisa's advice about being on the forum. Documenting your every niggle is just keeping your dragon fed. Certainly update us when you get the all clear, but as illustrated here and with many other members, this pattern of writing down every niggle is detrimental to recovery. I'll keep the "Told Ya So Gang" on standby until then ;)

Positive thoughts

LouiseAndy
26-06-18, 15:50
I'll reiterate Pulisa's advice about being on the forum. Documenting your every niggle is just keeping your dragon fed. Certainly update us when you get the all clear, but as illustrated here and with many other members, this pattern of writing down every niggle is detrimental to recovery. I'll keep the "Told Ya So Gang" on standby until then ;)

Positive thoughts

I just saw the nurse! She looked up there with a light and said she couldn't see anything. That it was a lot of inflammation but that's all she could see. She said a lot of it could be down to the warm weather, hay-fever or sinus issues. That she doesn't think there's any reason to see a doctor.

So I'm going to try and do my best to just swallow the fact I'm okay. Sorry for ranting and raving so much. Thank you to everyone who's listen. As soon as I left the doctors office I just wanted to go! Get out there and enjoy things and stop worrying so much.

The doctor did like a in office Nero exam with me a month or so go. Someone at work said sinus cancer is slow growing and the doctor has looked up my nose lots of times.

Like I've worried about every illness under the sun and when one thing was proven wrong I was right into another.

Maybe there is nothing wrong with me after all!

Fishmanpa
26-06-18, 16:05
I just saw the nurse! She looked up there with a light and said she couldn't see anything. That it was a lot of inflammation but that's all she could see. She said a lot of it could be down to the warm weather, hay-fever or sinus issues. That she doesn't think there's any reason to see a doctor.

So I'm going to try and do my best to just swallow the fact I'm okay. Sorry for ranting and raving so much. Thank you to everyone who's listen. As soon as I left the doctors office I just wanted to go! Get out there and enjoy things and stop worrying so much.

The doctor did like a in office Nero exam with me a month or so go. Someone at work said sinus cancer is slow growing and the doctor has looked up my nose lots of times.

Like I've worried about every illness under the sun and when one thing was proven wrong I was right into another.

Maybe there is nothing wrong with me after all!

Except HA which you should get help for :shades:

Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood "Told Ya So Gang"

https://media.giphy.com/media/BFso1JvotkzKaesCBZ/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

LouiseAndy
26-06-18, 16:58
Except HA which you should get help for :shades:

Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood "Told Ya So Gang"

https://media.giphy.com/media/BFso1JvotkzKaesCBZ/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

I know, it looks so much looking back at the post!

I do normally go to therapy but in a college set-up and it's very hand to get private help for when I'm at home for the summer but I'll defo look more into it.

Thank you once again to everyone's who's listened!

I'm going to take a little break for real from this website and of course google. I didn't even know sinus cancer or nose cancer were a thing before this! Which I could say about some many things.

Warm wishes to everyone x (cold wishes if you're where's super hot right now like here in Ireland :wink:)

LouiseAndy
27-06-18, 01:15
Sooo....tonight wasn't a good night. I was applying some cream up my nose very gently (recommend to me by the nurse to try and help with the dryness). While doing that...was the biggest mistake off the evening. I noticed the issues side, the left. Was a much smaller hole and the middle part on the left bumps out more. It looks like something swollen or lump like. It also felt all curtsy and just....I freaked out.

The idea's of some type of sinus cancer or some nostril tumor- all these other nasty awful things came into my mind. All the pain behind the eye's, the feeling like the lump was up there or not breathing as easily through it, the constant bleeding and nosebleeds, the burning, the strange stuffiness under my and in my ear and cheek on the other side ...whatever I listed came rushing back. I was near in the bathroom crying. Of course I feel into the google, looking up all these things and comparing photo's to mine.

My mam came in and talked to me very softly. Refusing to even look at it. Saying that the nurse had looked today, so she wouldn't. She said that I had to contact the medical office in the morning but not for a gp but to try and get a therapy session and not at all to talk to the gp. She said the GP had looked up my nose before and I tried to say that ways months and months ago. She tried to talk me down. She was wonderful, it made me feel like shit. That she has to deal with a child like this. I'm going to make a appointment tomorrow for sometimes soon- to tell them how distress I really am.

After that my Mam wouln't let me look in the mirror or anything to compare nostril size...feeling around for any lumps...just having a break down.

I'm sorry for slipping so quickly. I'm stuipd I know.

---------- Post added at 01:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

I'm going to break down. I just shared something so personal. Thinking it might help easy my mind but it didn't. I'm freaking out.

I have this like big lump at the back of my nose that I could have swore has been there forever but maybe not if my Doctor has never said anything about it? I'm just doubting everything now. I'm not able to handle this. There always seems to be another thing building up and up. I know you gave me great advice about not posting here but it's all I have at times. I'm sorry.

fidgetninja
27-06-18, 02:37
The very best thing you can do is what your Mom said and get set up for therapy. The nurse absolutely would’ve have noticed if anything were wrong today and she said there wasn’t. You’ve got to try and trust her! I know what that fear is like and I’m sorry you are having such a rough go of it. You’ll get through this - one day at a time! You are okay!

LouiseAndy
27-06-18, 13:45
The very best thing you can do is what your Mom said and get set up for therapy. The nurse absolutely would’ve have noticed if anything were wrong today and she said there wasn’t. You’ve got to try and trust her! I know what that fear is like and I’m sorry you are having such a rough go of it. You’ll get through this - one day at a time! You are okay!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply...it's just very difficult right now.

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

So, I called my doctor's office. Even with them marking me as urgent case I'll still have to wait until like the end of July.

Physical thing's are getting a lot worse, I had several nosebleeds this morning without going at them. Now I'm spitting my blood- not just bits of it. Like whole chucks of it. Yet I didn't make a Doctor's appointment as well because I have to trust in what my Mam said but I'm so scared.

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

My sister just called from work trying to calm me. She said that she gets nosebleeds all the time in the summer. All this amazing understanding shit. My family are very wonderful and I feel awful for being so awful about this

LouiseAndy
27-06-18, 22:00
So I was talking to my friend today and she said if I'm still having these issues in three weeks time. Why not go to the doctor then "just for the peace of mind." Like while I've been going crazy over different sized nostrils holes and all that stuff. Like waiting on another nose bleed or always thinking about every little thing. No one seems to think anything but me.

Like my sister kept saying she gets lots of nosebleeds even sometimes when she's sleeping. I'm going to try and be postive not as obeeesed over everything... Easier said then done.

---------- Post added at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

Not to spam this to much but to add. I just want to say how lucky I am I have friends and family who put up with me and support me. Like my Mam just came home and brought me like this water spray to like help me clear out my nose... I'm very lucky.

I'm trying to do cbt stuff to keep me clam but it's not really helping. Like I can't get over the constant stuff feeling and pressue on the bridge of my nose. As well as the bleeding. Just general stuff I've already listed. I keep wanting to run to the doctors or A&E but I'm trying to stop myself but it's so scary to me.

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

I also keep wanting to Google things which is bad I know.

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Or like that strange feeling with my right ear I already talked about... I'm feed up of myself now. Sorry for posting so much.

LouiseAndy
28-06-18, 04:41
It's 4.40 am here and I can't sleep. I feel awful. My nose on the left feels so stange like I have pain at the top (Bridge area). There still feels like there something stuck up there but I can breath through it well enough. Thankful no blood so far. I have pains in a few different sections of my head. Most behind my eye and ears... My eyes also hurts when it moves... It feels horrible. I have a strange feeling of dread and fear over me. My eyes feel so tried but I can't sleep.... I'm so scared.

LouiseAndy
28-06-18, 22:18
I did my best today to be positive, I spent all day out with my boyfriend. Enjoying the sunlight and warmth here in Ireland at the moment. I also booked a "stress-refile" massages for after work tomorrow. I also had no nosebleeds or any signs of blood today. Which was something. I've been taking hay-fever tablets as well. I also started my period today...not to be very tmi. That sometimes makes me far more on edge.

I'm still getting the pressure, pain, strange feeling in my ear, jaw etc on the right hand side. So I'm not feeling great physical and still have a lot of the worries...maybe it's not some rare horrible sinister illness..? Just a mixture of very hot weather, hay-fever and maybe sinus. Proud of myself that I've been struggling for a week and still haven't run to the doctor's.

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

Also, I got a call today. I'll be able to get a appointment with a therapist on the 9th of July now instead of the end of July. I did a big CBT worksheet this morning. Witing down all the medical tests I've had done. All the illness I've thought I've had, what it's turned out to me. Etc. Like? A lovely person who took the time to reply to me said, the nurse would have seen something up there or something worrying. If there was something serious going up there, I wouldn't be able to breath through it at all. A lot of things could be explained away (expect the strange stuff on the right side of my face.) Like so many here, it's like I'm always looking for my tests. Like if I have a ct scan of my head done. Would the issues move to my legs?

pulisa
29-06-18, 08:44
That's how rampant untreated HA works.

I'm very glad your therapy appointment has been moved forwards. I think you'll feel "safer" once you meet your therapist and can start to work on your fears xx

LouiseAndy
29-06-18, 15:29
That's how rampant untreated HA works.

I'm very glad your therapy appointment has been moved forwards. I think you'll feel "safer" once you meet your therapist and can start to work on your fears xx

Thank you for replying! I'm trying to be postive but it's hard at times. Today it's the right side that's really at me. I keep getting intense pressure/sharp pain along the pain of my ear. As well as a lot of issues like jaw/teeth as well as neck pain. Still staying away from the doctor and Google tho! Who knows what I find. I have like hardness behind my ear right ear that makes me worry but I'm doing my best to be calm! I'm off to the beach now x

LouiseAndy
30-06-18, 00:38
Well! After feeling very hopeless. I went to South Doc (Which is like our urgent center doctor here where I live) he spent like two minutes looking over me before shrugging it and asking me if I suffer from anxiety. So, I am really going to take a leave from this site. Good Luck everyone x