PDA

View Full Version : Odd Weak/Tight Feeling In Leg.

TheLostSaga
23-06-18, 14:03
I'll start off by saying for the most part - I'm pretty sure what I'm experiencing is fine. That I, am fine, and that this is going to pass.

And yet . . . (although this is the story of our lives as hypochondriacs :roflmao:)

For the past three or so days, my right leg has been becoming a hot spot for me. It twitches a lot (I have BFS so when this started up I wasn't worried). It also has been feeling ... off.

My calf and thigh feel tense, like I'm wearing a pair of socks thats too tight, and sometimes when I walk I feel as though my leg isn't mine (that not quite numb feeling) and that it may or may not give out at any given moment. The muscles also feel vaguely sore, as though I've worked them despite well, not having done so.

I still have all my strength in that leg, but it is a really unsettling feeling, and one that has overstayed it's welcome, any reassurance would be grand :hugs:

tom1984
23-06-18, 14:59
I had this in both leggs and on and off left and right arm since March 9th. Since last week I finally have inprovement!!

It was so nasty that after planting some plants in my garden I had trouble with placing one foot after another. Shaky unstable weak feeling above my knees and my hips, twitches, tremors.......

I must say I had a tough time so I had bloodwork done and seen two docs about it. I admit I got pretty worried about it.

In the end they said the same. Tensed, overtired muscles and irritated or some muscle/nerve misscommunication due to stress, anxiety and hyperventillation.

I have a history with panic attacks, but I did not had any in years. However stress and worries and chronic hyperventillation can also give you heavy physic symptoms.

I know I can think I am relax, but uncounsious my body and mind can tense up without me noticing until........

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Kramze
23-06-18, 17:35
I'll start off by saying for the most part - I'm pretty sure what I'm experiencing is fine. That I, am fine, and that this is going to pass.

And yet . . . (although this is the story of our lives as hypochondriacs :roflmao:)

For the past three or so days, my right leg has been becoming a hot spot for me. It twitches a lot (I have BFS so when this started up I wasn't worried). It also has been feeling ... off.

My calf and thigh feel tense, like I'm wearing a pair of socks thats too tight, and sometimes when I walk I feel as though my leg isn't mine (that not quite numb feeling) and that it may or may not give out at any given moment. The muscles also feel vaguely sore, as though I've worked them despite well, not having done so.

I still have all my strength in that leg, but it is a really unsettling feeling, and one that has overstayed it's welcome, any reassurance would be grand :hugs:

I get twitches all around my body and during some periods, my legs become extremely sore if I stand up 15 minutes or so. But I've learned that it mostly happens when some underlying anxiety is going on (something that you aren't aware of, but become aware due to physical symptoms in your body).

The other day I had been sitting on a chair for 2 hours straight, and then I stood up to go to the toilet. At that moment, it really felt like my legs were about to give up on me. Have you ever tried riding an elevator and have some mild vertigo afterwards, because your brain keeps perceiving the movement from the elevator? It almost felt like that. I tried to lift my legs to see if they had suddenly gone weak, and I focused intently on my walking to make sure that something wasn't off. After a mild panic attack and walking around for a while, the sensation suddenly faded away, and I was so relieved. I've read so many stories on how some fatal neurological disease can start out, and I can't get it out of my head.

Anyway, it's with 99.9999999% your mind and not something physical. However, if you feel like you wanna see a doctor, then by all means do it, he'll probably just reassure you though :D

tom1984
23-06-18, 17:44
I get twitches all around my body and during some periods, my legs become extremely sore if I stand up 15 minutes or so. But I've learned that it mostly happens when some underlying anxiety is going on (something that you aren't aware of, but become aware due to physical symptoms in your body).

The other day I had been sitting on a chair for 2 hours straight, and then I stood up to go to the toilet. At that moment, it really felt like my legs were about to give up on me. Have you ever tried riding an elevator and have some mild vertigo afterwards, because your brain keeps perceiving the movement from the elevator? It almost felt like that. I tried to lift my legs to see if they had suddenly gone weak, and I focused intently on my walking to make sure that something wasn't off. After a mild panic attack and walking around for a while, the sensation suddenly faded away, and I was so relieved. I've read so many stories on how some fatal neurological disease can start out, and I can't get it out of my head.

Anyway, it's with 99.9999999% your mind and not something physical. However, if you feel like you wanna see a doctor, then by all means do it, he'll probably just reassure you though :DThis is so cool. I tought I was the only one on the planet who felt this after using the elevator.

Kramze
23-06-18, 17:49
This is so cool. I tought I was the only one on the planet who felt this after using the elevator.

I know right? The weirdest thing is that I haven't had this feeling all my life, it came when my anxiety career REALLY kicked in (now that I think about it!).