PDA

View Full Version : Shaky/Jittery muscles 24/7 for the last 2 and a half months

andrei11
24-06-18, 04:13
Hey everyone! This has been going on for 2 and a half months now. Had blood tests and an MRI, both came clear. My neurologist recommended me to have some thyroid tests as well, but she said I was fine and it might be anxiety, even though I don't have the emotional symptoms.

Basically I woke up one day almost 3 months ago and my muscles started shaking whenever I was doing something, more so when doing slow movements. It's like my muscles are always contracted and weak. If I slowly move my head up and down, left and right, if I raise my hands and slowly drop them down, if I bend over, raise my legs etc., my muscles are shaking like I would have a lot of weight attached on me. Imagine lifting something heavy and when you can't hold it no more and you put it down, your hand is somewhat vibrating. That's what's happening to me all the time, when I'm doing slower movement. It also happens when I'm moving my head all the way to the left or right, my neck is shaking. If I lay in bed an lift my head from the pillow, my abdomen muscles are shaking without stopping. I'm not in pain, though. The best way I can describe it, imagine doing some bicep curls and your hand is shaking when you bring the weight down. This is happening to every muscle in my body while I'm doing any type of activity. Even when I try to squint my eyes or to smile I can feel my facial muscles shaking. I also feel some tension in my face/jaw.

This has been going on 24/7 for almost 3 months now, it never stops. Has anyone experienced something like this? Does it ever go away? Thanks a lot for reading!

andrei11
26-06-18, 03:58
nobody?

TylerB
26-06-18, 23:18
I get this! Ratcheting? My face does it sometimes when I try to wince. My thumb sometimes does it when I move it in certain directions. I think sometimes it’s normal physiological movements, and sometimes it’s weird anxiety symptoms. I get twitching all over too for the last year. It’s horribly anxiety provoking. I feel like I’m not my self anymore. The only thing that calms me down is a nice hot bath or working out. I’ve had all this for at least 4-5 months.

andrei11
27-06-18, 13:57
I get this! Ratcheting? My face does it sometimes when I try to wince. My thumb sometimes does it when I move it in certain directions. I think sometimes it’s normal physiological movements, and sometimes it’s weird anxiety symptoms. I get twitching all over too for the last year. It’s horribly anxiety provoking. I feel like I’m not my self anymore. The only thing that calms me down is a nice hot bath or working out. I’ve had all this for at least 4-5 months.

yep, my face and thumbs are doing the same. they don't do it when I move them at a fast speed, but when I try to do it slower, they start shaking/don't move smoothly etc.