PDA

View Full Version : Help

Veronica1410
24-06-18, 15:19
Hi I really need someone I can talk to.... I keep getting this very intense fear of impending doom.. Both my legs from kneecap to foot is like a tingling sensation... I do tense my legs since started with anxiety in Jan....

Middie
24-06-18, 18:16
I know what it's like to feel impending doom. It's a really bad trick of anxiety, especially since it only gets worse the more stressed you are. Usually I deal with it by trying to distract myself. Is there anything you can do that'll keep your mind preoccupied for a while?

Your leg is probably just anxiety too. It's pretty common for anxiety to cause numb or tingling feelings in parts of the body, especially in the legs since I think it's like a fight or flight thing. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just try to relax and distract yourself for a bit and see how you feel then.

Ian Haines
24-06-18, 18:40
Your mind has taken up residence inside your legs! You need all of your body, legs included, to get up and get out and move around, in the company of people and with aims in mind - aims with clear finishes to them, targets to hit.

As long as you don't give your mind lots of things to do (even if you're still body-worrying, during them), your mind will, as it has here, give you plenty to think about and you don't want that!

While setting targets and busying yourself in the execution of the tasks you set yourself, YOUR MIND CAN'T POSSIBLY BE 100% DISTRACTED BY BODY WORRIES! Worth remembering, because your mind needs a break from you living inside your legs and it will reward you for having changed your approach.

Get busy, get accompanied, get living!

Andrash
24-06-18, 22:04
Hi I really need someone I can talk to.... I keep getting this very intense fear of impending doom.. Both my legs from kneecap to foot is like a tingling sensation... I do tense my legs since started with anxiety in Jan....

I'd recommend activity. Whatever you like to do - do it a lot. Go to pubs, clubs, theatre, movies, opera, read books...run, work out, whatever. Anything to keep your mind occupied and negative thoughts and worries about symptoms at bay.