PDA

View Full Version : Hemorrhoids and major anxiety

Lilymac33
24-06-18, 17:58
Hi, I joined today to post this as I always visit this forum to ease my fears but feel like I need more than just something to read today!

This is really tmi so sorry in advance...

So, at the beginning of the month I had a week of constipation, it was really bad nothing like I'd ever had before, though still managed to pass stools everyday with a lot of hard work. On the third day when I wiped I noticed some blood on the paper. It gradually cleared up by the next day and then a few days later after a bowel movement it happened again, slightly more blood this time but again cleared up after a few days. Then I noticed some lumps down there so went in to panic mode and started googling and everything pointed to hemorrhoids or cancer.

Yesterday after a bowel movement there was bleeding again but worse than before and is still ongoing now, this time it's actually dripping in to the bowl. I went to the walk in centre this morning and she checked me over and straight away said I have severe hemorrhoids and ill need a referral for surgery she wouldn't even consider any other options just went straight in for the referral.

Anyway since come home from seeing the Dr the bleeding has either been none existent or quite heavy and now I have noticed a few tiny tiny blood clots on the paper along with the blood. And I randomly have back ache but that could be due to the way I've been sitting.

Just wondering if anyone had experienced the same sort of thing/had blood clots with hemorrhoids. I'm really starting to panic again now

nomorepanic
24-06-18, 18:03
Yup all the time and I get a lot of blood coming out.

It is piles causing it and NOT cancer.

You can get them banded, injected or removed. I can't have them removed as I have Crohn's.

Lilymac33
24-06-18, 18:19
Yup all the time and I get a lot of blood coming out.

It is piles causing it and NOT cancer.

You can get them banded, injected or removed. I can't have them removed as I have Crohn's.

Thank you so much! I just couldn't remember reading anything about clots when I googled (other than on cancer forums) and was trying to stay away from googling again.

I'm sorry you can't have them removed, do you have any other options that will be OK to do with crohns?

Katie55
24-06-18, 19:33
Yes I had clots and lots of bleeding. I had them banded which worked initially but they came back. I then had a procedure called THD which was a bit uncomfortable for a couple of days but not that bad. It has worked amazingly well.

Lilymac33
24-06-18, 19:38
Yes I had clots and lots of bleeding. I had them banded which worked initially but they came back. I then had a procedure called THD which was a bit uncomfortable for a couple of days but not that bad. It has worked amazingly well.

The bleeding is worrying me so much, it just doesn't seem to want to stop! Did you bleed constantly or only after a bm?
I hope my gp on Wednesday will take the word of the walk in clinic Dr and refer me straight away but I'm worried she'll want to do other tests and things first and then I'll have to wait even longer to put an end to it.

nomorepanic
24-06-18, 19:59
Sometimes I feel like I need to go to the loo and all that comes out is blood.

My consultant has never batted an eyelid when I mention it.

I did have a colonoscopy in May just to check all is ok and it was put down to piles.

I think I can have them injected but not removed.

Lilymac33
24-06-18, 20:22
Sometimes I feel like I need to go to the loo and all that comes out is blood.

My consultant has never batted an eyelid when I mention it.

I did have a colonoscopy in May just to check all is ok and it was put down to piles.

I think I can have them injected but not removed.

Oh that sounds awful :weep: does it interfere with your day to day life or have you found ways to deal with it all?

Until I started researching I had absolutely no idea they could be this bad, I just thought it was something simple you could put a bit of cream on and it would go away.

Katie55
24-06-18, 21:16
The bleeding is worrying me so much, it just doesn't seem to want to stop! Did you bleed constantly or only after a bm?
I hope my gp on Wednesday will take the word of the walk in clinic Dr and refer me straight away but I'm worried she'll want to do other tests and things first and then I'll have to wait even longer to put an end to it.

Sometimes they would just bleed spontaneously for no apparent reason. Lots of blood and clots. I think the NHS try banding first and that should stop most of the bleeding. Like I said if they offer THD that's even better. Don't worry, it will get sorted out.

Lilymac33
24-06-18, 21:43
So far today mine has bled non stop, even if I just go for a wee there is blood there. Now I'm even more worried as I have just been to the toilet (only a wee) and when I wiped there was a tiny pink stringy type substance on the tissue.

nomorepanic
24-06-18, 22:59
I don't get bleeding all the time - it comes and goes - usually lasting 2 or 3 days then can stop for a month or more.

Are you sure the blood is not coming from your vagina?

Lilymac33
24-06-18, 23:31
No definitely not. If I gently press there with the toilet paper (not with any kind of pressure) then there's blood on the paper. Sometimes there's quite a bit of blood, sometimes just small amounts, but there's always blood there.
This stringy substance has really got me worried now, I've spent the last couple of hours crying and having panic attacks. I was hoping that would all have gone after visiting the Dr this morning

nomorepanic
24-06-18, 23:40
Please try not to panic.

It could also be diverticular as that sometimes causes bleeding but you would have to have a colonoscopy to see that. I have them too.

Piles can bleed a lot and yes it is scary but nothing sinister.

Lilymac33
25-06-18, 05:45
Thank you so much for all your replies.
I have barely slept through worrying. It's my daughters 4th birthday tomorrow so I need to snap out of this horrible funk I'm in before I ruin her day.

I went into the bathroom this morning and checked for blood, there was none. Then went for a wee and there was blood again. I just don't know what is going on anymore, Wednesdays appointment can't come quickly enough.

MyNameIsTerry
25-06-18, 06:14
Severe roids must be pretty unpleasant. I've had roids since my early twenties, many of those years after the first few the symptoms were mild even though they felt fairly large, but I've never thought of them as anything near severe so yours must be very unpleasant to deal with.

Yes, I think you need to know what the treatment solutions are so you know where you stand. But you know what it is, roids are something doctors must see all the time, and it's just about the unpleasantness now, what the treatment will be like and how you cope with that experience, and all the thoughts whizzing around. Acceptance is important with stuff like this because the alternative tends to be fighting it, just wanting the unpleasantness to go away when it gets easier when you come to terms with this being a short stage to go through.

Happy birthday to your daughter. I bet that's going to be keeping you busy! Maybe it's what you need though? Doing something for your child and seeing her happy.

Lilymac33
25-06-18, 07:44
Severe roids must be pretty unpleasant. I've had roids since my early twenties, many of those years after the first few the symptoms were mild even though they felt fairly large, but I've never thought of them as anything near severe so yours must be very unpleasant to deal with.

Yes, I think you need to know what the treatment solutions are so you know where you stand. But you know what it is, roids are something doctors must see all the time, and it's just about the unpleasantness now, what the treatment will be like and how you cope with that experience, and all the thoughts whizzing around. Acceptance is important with stuff like this because the alternative tends to be fighting it, just wanting the unpleasantness to go away when it gets easier when you come to terms with this being a short stage to go through.

Happy birthday to your daughter. I bet that's going to be keeping you busy! Maybe it's what you need though? Doing something for your child and seeing her happy.

Thank you, yes I imagine it will be a very busy day she's very excited!

Youre right, I do know what it is, I've been told by a very lovely doctor that it's hemorrhoids so why am I still letting my brain wander away thinking bad thoughts. I've got to pull myself together.

---------- Post added at 07:44 ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 ----------

I barely slept last night and when I did finally fall asleep I'd wake up 20 minutes later feeling sick and panicking, not sure if that's the anxiety or another symptom I should be worrying about. It's all I've been thinking about for weeks now, I've barely eaten or slept since it all started.

Lilymac33
26-06-18, 06:53
Haven't slept again :(
Had a call from gp yesterday asking me to make an appointment in reference to my visit to the walk in centre which made me panic even more, is it just because they suggested a referral or because they think it could be something more and want to check!
All day yesterday I was light headed and feeling sick, same thing this morning, I don't know if that's another symptom I should be worried about or the anxiety.

I keep telling myself to calm down, the Dr said it's hemorrhoids there's no need to panic anymore. But then there's the little voice at the back of my mind saying what if she got it wrong.

It's my daughters birthday today and I've let my anxiety get to me so much that I'm not even organised, presents aren't wrapped balloons aren't blown up. Thankfully she has nursery this morning so won't be opening presents until she gets back but I still feel like a massive let down.

Lilymac33
27-06-18, 07:14
Well the bleeding seemed to have stopped yesterday, though I've had this really dull ache on the left hand side, around belly button height front and back and now that's worrying me too 😭 I can't cope with any more anxiety now.

I thought my appointment was booked for today but it's actually tomorrow so another day of waiting

Rtpx
23-09-18, 07:50
Lilymac, how are things with you now? Did your daughters birthday turn out ok? How’s your anxiety? Hope you’re well x x