PDA

View Full Version : So worried

byronhinson
24-06-18, 20:12
I’ve been unwell since halfway through my family holiday to Spain 5 weeks ago. I’ve had a cough, glands up and painful, glands down then back up again. Aching. Fatigue. Conjunctivitis, fever on and off and now a massively swollen knee.

I started going to the doctor to see what was up as really the glands and cough were around too long. Typically for a couple of days the cough comes and goes but is now back with a vengeance.

The first doctor I saw said lots of my glands were up and due to the time she suspected glandular fever and took a blood test. I returned a few days later due to the swollen knee and my bloods were back but told they were all normal and no glandular fever or signs of infection but he believed my knee was due to my previous illness turning into reactive arthritis. I’ve been put on really strong anti inflammatory which so far haven’t stopped the swelling at all. At that time the doctor checked my temp and it was all fine

What worries me is since then in the late afternoon my temperature rises between 38 and 38.4 and I have this cough again. If the blood test was clear would it show up other things? I’m don’t want to go back to the doctor for no reason or if I’ve just caught something else while being in the waiting room!

Help!

ThroatGoat
24-06-18, 23:55
Sounds like a virus infection to me, I also tested negative for GF despite having the classic symptoms. Also had the aching joints at one point too that felt like arthritis, but no swelling though.