PDA

View Full Version : Mole I've had for years

worrywart115
25-06-18, 13:14
I'm sure people are probably sick of reading about moles, but I've had a bit of anxiety regarding this mole on my finger. It's been there since I was in grade school, well over 10 years, maybe 15 at this point. The mole is fairly small, but it's always looked a bit splotchy. It's flat and kind of looks like it's inside my finger. I never gave it much thought at all, but this past weekend my mother commented on it and thinks that it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out, and of course I keep going back to it.

On one hand, it might not be anything, especially since I think it might just be a brown mark from when I accidentally stabbed myself with a lead pencil. But for the sake of argument, if this is a mole, is it likely that this could this be a bad melanoma? It hasn't changed a single bit in all these years (I see the dang thing every time I write), but I'm a little paranoid now that it could be something dangerous that I've just let sit there all this time. If anyone has had a similar experience, or just wants to drop some advice, I'd appreciate it a lot!

lucylul
25-06-18, 21:32
Definetly not.. Moles that are melanoma often change shape and if you have had it for that long and if it was melanoma you would of developed skin cancer.. But you didnt so its definetly benign. Nothing to worry about.

AMomentofClarity
25-06-18, 23:30
The answer is in your title :)

worrywart115
26-06-18, 09:31
Thank you for the replies! I don't know much about melanoma, and I'm trying to stay away from Googling these things anymore, so I'm really thankful.

Halle0587
26-06-18, 12:28
Asymmetrical. Borders. Change. Diameter. Evolving.

You said it hasn’t changed in all these years. If it’s not changing after all these years, I wouldn’t fret. Maybe at your next annual physical mention it to ease your mother’s fears. :-)