PDA

View Full Version : Routine Telephone Appointment for Blood Test Results

HopelessWorrier2011
26-06-18, 20:37
I have been doing so well lately until I started feeling sore bruised ribs which turned into excruciating stomach pain 5 weeks ago. I've been back and forth to the Drs who diagnosed gastritis. They carried out blood tests. My full blood count came back no further action. Today I received a second class letter from my GP asking me to make a telephone appointment. My question is if they have found anything of concern that will require further testing would they discuss this over the phone or would they have asked me to make a face to face appointment? It can't be standard anemia as my FBC came back normal. It has really concerned me. My surgery doesn't contact for no further actions, you have to call them. xx

ServerError
26-06-18, 20:41
There'll be something they need to discuss, but it will be minor. This is not how major problems are revealed to you.

Fishmanpa
26-06-18, 20:45
My question is if they have found anything of concern that will require further testing would they discuss this over the phone or would they have asked me to make a face to face appointment?

My personal experience is that serious issues are discussed in person.

Positive thoughts

HopelessWorrier2011
26-06-18, 20:49
Thank you both, that's what I keep telling myself but anxiety is through the roof at the minute. I have even tried to rationalise the fact they have used a 2nd class stamp x

Andrash
26-06-18, 22:02
Thank you both, that's what I keep telling myself but anxiety is through the roof at the minute. I have even tried to rationalise the fact they have used a 2nd class stamp x

Serious medical issues are never discussed with a patient over the phone. Do not worry - if I am to make a guess, I'd say it is some insurance rather than medical issue.

ServerError
26-06-18, 23:01
The first time this happened to me I got myself into a terrible state thinking I was going to get bad news. Turned out the test hadn't worked properly and they just wanted to do it again! All the panic for nothing! I almost feel shortchanged.

HopelessWorrier2011
27-06-18, 09:14
I've rang for a telephone appointment and the Dr is calling me back this afternoon. They said it's a routine appointment to discuss my liver function test result.