PDA

View Full Version : How to revert fears away naturally?

HelloPanda23
27-06-18, 02:26
I’ve been going through this for a while, and it’s honestly painful. After my ALS fear started, it went on 2 months strong and eventually after I stopped fearing it, it went away last week due to discovering something else to obsess over. Back at that time, I stopped fearing ALS and yet, my thoughts would revolve around it most of thetime. How come this was the case? I legit let go of the fear, and yet it was still there in my mind, bothering me. Then I decided to prove to myself it was only attached to me as a result of my HA, and so I decided to show myself that if I found a new disease to be scared of, I’d move away from it. Guess what happend? I moved onto my PAM fear as a result of recently swimming in a pool and snorting a bit of water. 14 days later, here I am, convinced that I truly didn’t get PAM from the pool water, and that I just scared myself to death. Knowing this, I’m now super afraid to get any water whatsoever near my nose. I also think about brain eating amoeba a decent amount, and it scares me. I take a lot of precautions while taking a shower as well to avoid tap water getting anywhere near my nose. My issue is, even with these precautions taken, the fear of this illness still bothers me, and so how am I supposed to get away from this? If my only way to get rid of it is to revert my fear to something else, then honestly, I might be interested.