PDA

View Full Version : Mole Anxitey

toiyeuban
27-06-18, 07:05
over the past few months i have been worrying about different types of cancer. my recent cancer fear is melanoma. I had a mole on my leg, i feel like its been ther for awhile i just never noticed really because i never ever thought about my moles being cancer. it was pretty small and had a tiny pimple whitehead right next to it, and it also looked like there was an ingrown hair in it. i popped the pimple which made it irritated. the next day it just looked like a dark mole and wasent as red anymore. the day after that i looked at it and scratched it and the dark part just came right off. it was pretty dark and had some blurred edges but for the most part it looked like it was round. i have cleaned it where i scratched it off and out a bandaid on it but it still looks pretty red and is a little sensitive when i touch it but soap doesnt make it sting of anything. i am really afraid that i just picked off a melanoma and that i made it worse. i have a doctors appointment with my derm in a week but im freaking out thinking that its cancer and is already spreading in my body. has anyone else ever scratched or picked off a mole? what did the area look like the day it happened. i have attached three pictures, the one that is shows the very dark mole is when i first popped the pimple.

ToasterOvens
27-06-18, 16:19
Yeap. Picked off a black spot on my leg. Was about 3 millimeters.

Long story short, I had a tiny mole on my leg. Brown and normal. One day it turned extremely dark. I made a doctors appointment for the next day. Before the appointment I looked at it and picked at it lightly because I was anxious. It came right off, like a flake.

Had nothing but a red spot to show my doctor. He was sure it wasn't melanoma. The original mole came back. I worried for 6 months, and then pieced together what happened. My pants were rubbing on my leg, caused the mole to get irritated and scab, I picked off the scab.

This was 3 years ago.

Also I didn't look at your pictures. I don't like looking at moles, normal or not. Also not a doctor. :)

toiyeuban
29-06-18, 02:14
This mole is on my upper thigh on the outside. it’s definitly not bigger than a pencil eraser but it looks weird to me. my friend said she has moles like this and she’s fine but i’m still worried. i know the same answer is that it’s just an atypical mole but my anxiety won’t let that be the end of it. i attached pictures just because i wanna know if anyone else has moles like mine and that i’m not the only one. i know no one is a doctor on here, it would just help me if i knew other people had this type of mole.

Halle0587
29-06-18, 03:42
Hey there. I go twice a year for bi-annual checks. I’ve had a precancerous punch on my shoulder and my mom is stage 4 melanoma. Before you panic, she had wonderful treatment and is 3 years without evidence of disease-she goes for her scans again in about a month. She still works and babysits her grandkids. You’d never know at all. So, now that you know that I hope you can calm down a bit more.

Make a regular derm appointment for a yearly total body exam. Here in the states with insurance it’s considered preventative care, not sure if it’s the same elsewhere. A dermatologist is the only one who can look at your moles and decide if this one looks different from the rest of your moles. They call it the ugly duckling, the one that doesn’t look like the rest of your moles. So we cant’t give you that kind of reassurance. Make the appointment and make sure to point it out along with any other areas of concern to your dermatologist.
I hope this helps you.

Elen
29-06-18, 07:55
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen