PDA

View Full Version : Cyst next to eye shrunk after 20+ years

redoctober45
27-06-18, 16:25
Hello,

I can't find much info online about this. I have had a cyst next to my eye since I was a kid. Every doctor would glance at it and say it was not an issue unless I wanted it removed for cosmetic reasons. I am 33 now and it has seem to grown somewhat since then but not a ton or at least not enough for me to get it out. Sometimes the skin would feel irritated around it but always was very minor.

However, a couple months ago, I touched it and noticed it has shrunk in size by a very noticeable degree to the point where I can't even see it sticking out in the mirror. But it is still there, just a 1/4 of its size I'd say. My best guess is that the body decided to absorb some of it or it leaked and was absorbed but I did not notice that "process" occurring. No head trauma that I can recall either.

Anyone know anything about this? I was never told what kind of cyst it could be.

Thanks for any help!

ToasterOvens
27-06-18, 16:37
Most doctors don't elaborate on a diagnosis. I have an epididymal cyst. Was just told it was a cyst, and to never worry about it ever.

I've had cysts shrink. I had one in my mouth that shrunk. Told my dentist which confirmed the diagnosis of a cyst in my case.