PDA

View Full Version : squamous-cell skin cancer?

joe23_martin
19-05-18, 16:01
Hi all,

I have noticed growth that I thought was just my psoriasis. However, I have noticed it is slightly raised, when I have picked the scab/crust ir comes back. The spot also itches occasionally and when I feel it, it feels like sandpaper!

The image attatched is post me picking the bloody thing and getting the scab off.

Also a similiar one on the base of my palm.

I am so worried its skin cancer or pre skin cancer condition.

I am 27 fair skinned but very rarely wear shorts etc or in the sun even.

Anyone had this?

Regards,
Joehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180519/ec6db9cefb792a1375b1eb602878e022.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
19-05-18, 16:27
What prompts people to post pics the size of Manhattan? :huh:

You're picking your skin. What do you expect? Leave it alone and if it continues to bother you, see your doctor.

Positive thoughts

joe23_martin
19-05-18, 17:51
No idea the photo was smaller when I uploaded it.

Anyhow it keeps crusting that is my point and it feels like a wart underneath.

Paul84
19-05-18, 19:08
Had something similar the other week. Being a bloke, I picked at it. Bled a little, scabbed over and now healed. Looks fine.

joe23_martin
19-05-18, 21:36
Yeah first time I was fine but the thing keeps coming back with a crusty/scabby cover lol. Cheers for the reply paul

Scass
19-05-18, 21:54
Sorry, where is it on your body? I can’t see that you said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
19-05-18, 22:31
Yeah first time I was fine but the thing keeps coming back with a crusty/scabby cover

Isn't that what wounds do when they heal? What if you left it alone completely for a month? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

joe23_martin
19-05-18, 22:44
Er just 2-3 inches above my kneecap - front of thigh

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

Sorry, where is it on your body? I can’t see that you said

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkEr just 2-3 inches above my kneecap - front of thigh

nomorepanic
19-05-18, 23:32
put a plaster on it and leave it alone to heal

NervUs
20-05-18, 00:11
Agree that you need to leave it alone for a month. If it's still there, go to the doctor. No one here can tell you what it is.

Scass
20-05-18, 21:08
Just leave it. Picking at it all the time will make it worse.
Put some antiseptic cream on it & then when that’s soaked it, put on a plaster and change it every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe23_martin
27-06-18, 22:49
Hi there,

Back again really fighting hard against my HA. Strugglig this week and have had to resort to posting here again.

Has anyone had a growth like this before as I am worried it is squamous-cell skin cancer.

As you can see it is slightly raised and has a crust. Underneath it is wart like.

I am 27, healthy, rarely expose my body to sun. The growth is around 2 inches from the top of my knee.

It has been there since about March and I picked the scab in May. It has taken 3 weeks to come back and it bled a tiny bit when I picked it.

Anyone had this?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180627/59eec78dd075a552c75f3b11a43f9d6d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180627/1515a23e3caec6cb0c8b3dae840777aa.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180627/39fd4c9629d8bb144f2b6b3eccba11f0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180627/ca4680e6ddf279d14f4b66502e70ecac.jpg

NervUs
28-06-18, 01:10
It's impossible to say but, if you picked it and it came back, it's worth getting checked.

I doubt it's SCC cancer at your age and sun exposure.

There's no reason not to get it checked, though.

Elen
28-06-18, 07:58
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

joe23_martin
28-06-18, 17:06
I have been to the doctors just an hour ago.

Her view was it could be SCC but it would be unlikely due to my age. However, she has sent me for a biopsy under the pretence it is SCC.

Then she came across a bumb on my shoulder and that is likely to be basal cell cancer.

I am terrified even though she explained they are very common and won't or should not be life threatining. As both leisons are very small and everything she diagnosed was larger.

Are these cancers really that cureable?

NervUs
29-06-18, 02:46
I have been to the doctors just an hour ago.

Her view was it could be SCC but it would be unlikely due to my age. However, she has sent me for a biopsy under the pretence it is SCC.

Then she came across a bumb on my shoulder and that is likely to be basal cell cancer.

I am terrified even though she explained they are very common and won't or should not be life threatining. As both leisons are very small and everything she diagnosed was larger.

Are these cancers really that cureable?

Yes, these cancers on the skin are very cureable. They rarely spread, so there is not really the worry of metastasis with these cancers. Typically a doc can just cut them out and that is that. They can grow down and be destructive if left a very long time so they can be a bigger deal if on the face. On the trunk, meh. I had one on my shoulder, and I was very happy it was BCC versus other things I imagined it to be!

joe23_martin
29-06-18, 08:20
Thank you for the reply, I did some reading last night. Consensus is they are both cureable if treated early. The fact my doctor also said IF it is SCC on my thigh, it looks to be in situ. Gave me a greater level of comfort.

While hearing that BCC in general is not a major concern if treated also gave me so comfort.

However, as we all know other thoughts do linger such as has it spread etc.

Biopsy next Friday so not long and until then i'll just have to try and remain positive!