PDA

View Full Version : irritated bladder - ugh!

elasticheart83
28-06-18, 08:04
I’m not even that worried about it per se, but just really struggling with the discomfort of bladder irritation and needing to go to the bathroom every ten minutes. This is the second time it’s happened to me where I think I have a uti but they don’t find any bacteria, and I take antibiotics anyway and my symptoms continue for weeks afterward. From having this before I know it will eventually go away but I’m just struggling in the meantime and of course it ignites my anxiety a bit too. :( any other women have this problem?

Sleepy
28-06-18, 12:12
I’ve had various urinary problems caused by anxiety, and they all went away when my meds reached the right level. Symptoms were frequent urination, hesitation in urinating and false urgency.

I saw a urologist who told me it was all caused by my anxiety and she was right.

elasticheart83
28-06-18, 23:34
I’ve had various urinary problems caused by anxiety, and they all went away when my meds reached the right level. Symptoms were frequent urination, hesitation in urinating and false urgency.

I saw a urologist who told me it was all caused by my anxiety and she was right.

Yeah I’m kinda wondering if I should try to see a urologist about it or not. Would be kind of annoying to do a bunch of appointments and tests just to have them tell me it’s anxiety! My doctor kinda sucks and I don’t know if she would even give me the referral.

Metric
01-07-18, 03:29
I’ve had the same issue before and had nothing show up. Of course I took the antibiotics they offered anyway and nothing improved. My symptoms end up resolving themself though and then come back in a couple of months almost like a flare up. Reducing sugar and trying to reduce stress as much as possible helps speed it up for me. :)

NancyW
01-07-18, 04:32
I wonder if that bladder infection medication they sell over the counter would help relieve the symptoms. I know you don't think you have a bladder infection but I think this medication is just to ease the discomfort. I'll try to find the name of it...

Ok it's AZO

IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2it32tj.jpg[/IMG]

elasticheart83
01-07-18, 07:04
I wonder if that bladder infection medication they sell over the counter would help relieve the symptoms. I know you don't think you have a bladder infection but I think this medication is just to ease the discomfort. I'll try to find the name of it...

Ok it's AZO

IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2it32tj.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you! Yeah, I take that from time to time. I think you’re not supposed to take it for more than three days in a row for some reason.

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

I’ve had the same issue before and had nothing show up. Of course I took the antibiotics they offered anyway and nothing improved. My symptoms end up resolving themself though and then come back in a couple of months almost like a flare up. Reducing sugar and trying to reduce stress as much as possible helps speed it up for me. :)

Same thing here - had it before and symptoms resolved, only to flare up again a couple months later. I think I’d be more worried but I’m finding from this forum that this actually seems to be pretty common! Wish there were better treatments/diagnostic tests for this issue. First time I went to the doctor about it he acted like I was wasting his time and making a big deal over nothing just because the test didn’t show any bacteria. :doh:

Metric
01-07-18, 17:02
:doh:
Thank you! Yeah, I take that from time to time. I think you’re not supposed to take it for more than three days in a row for some reason.

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

Same thing here - had it before and symptoms resolved, only to flare up again a couple months later. I think I’d be more worried but I’m finding from this forum that this actually seems to be pretty common! Wish there were better treatments/diagnostic tests for this issue. First time I went to the doctor about it he acted like I was wasting his time and making a big deal over nothing just because the test didn’t show any bacteria. :doh:

My doctor looked at me like I was crazy after the results kept coming back negative! I was so frustrated. I am actually dealing with it right now so it seems to be linked to higher times of stress for me. I know this is a very common thing though so I hope yours settles down quickly for you. Good luck! :)