PDA

View Full Version : Worried about type 2 diabetes?

mythypaw
28-06-18, 18:39
I’m 19 and weigh 360 pounds. 60 of that I gained mostly after I graduated from high school a year ago. When I was able to drive I went on a fast food high for almost 6 months. For the past 4 months I have stayed at 360 and recently decided to change my life around and am starting out with light exercise and eliminating processed foods and counting calories. My concern is from my weight. I have not experienced any symptoms aside from possibly the fact that I haven’t had a menstrual cycle since late March but I wouldn’t assume that’s a part of it (I’ve also have not had much anxiety for the past year). I plan on getting my blood tested soon since it’s been about 3 and a half years (my glucose was slightly elevated then but my doctor was not concerned). I will probably have it tested at a clinic since my parents and I are going to eventually switch doctors since we moved counties. Just trying to put off fears and panic attacks for now. Also, we don’t have any recent history of it in my family despite us being obese. Thanks.

ServerError
28-06-18, 18:52
At 19, there's no need to worry. You're making changes so stick with it. I personally have never counted a single calorie while losing weight. I just don't eat processed food, I avoid all sugar and eat fewer carbs. Its working for me and I'm 33.