PDA

View Full Version : Mole fear..

Tiatyrah
28-06-18, 19:46
So, finally I am over my lymph node fear for a few months now! But something else is bothering me, a mole that I have and I fear of being it bad.. I hope someone can look at it and help me? I worry because the left top part of the mole is less round than the right? The border that is.. I have had this mole for as long as I can remember but not sure if it changed or not.. I just started worrying about it a few weeks ago.

Hope someone can help!

https://postimg.cc/image/6j4n2vvap/

Halle0587
28-06-18, 20:30
I’ve had a few that looked like that, it could potentially be a dysplastic Nevis but I’m not a doctor. I wouldn’t panic, you’ve had it for a long time. Watch it and see if it evolves into something bigger.

Tiatyrah
28-06-18, 23:59
Thank you for your response, I know the mole has been there for ages but don't know if it has changed. How fast does a mole change if it is a bad one? I have wondered that for a while now too..

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

https://postimg.cc/image/vcwkmjxkh/

A sharper picture in the daylight today.

Fishmanpa
29-06-18, 00:16
You've just done what so many others do and found something else to fixate on. Don't you think a mole you've had since you can remember would show obvious signs if something were amiss?

Positive thoughts

Tiatyrah
29-06-18, 00:37
That's probably true yes, but as I said before, I don't know if the border that I was talking about has always been that way or not. I am probably fixating on something else now and I should drop it but could you, for me and my brain, take a look at the pictures and tell me if you think I should worry about it or if it looks like a normal mole?

Fishmanpa
29-06-18, 02:02
That's probably true yes, but

Not probably, definitely. Then comes the "yes, but" followed by symptoms and reassurance seeking. You thought you've had lymphoma, lung cancer, a few other things cancer related and now this mole. Being that you're still here, it wasn't anything sinister.

If I said it looked perfectly normal, it wouldn't be enough so if you're that concerned, see your doctor. I'll have the "Told Ya So Gang" on standby :)

Positive thoughts

Tiatyrah
29-06-18, 03:02
I know I had other fears and that I am still here but this is something different, this is something that's on my skin and actually visible without having to dig for something like I had with nodes.. This is just there without having to search or anything.

I really don't want to go to the doctor again and look like a fool if, in the end, it really is nothing bad and totally normal so I guess that is why I rather have your opinion about the mole than my doctor. I just don't want to look stupid..

Fishmanpa
29-06-18, 12:46
I know I had other fears and that I am still here but ...... I just don't want to look stupid..

Saying that is admitting you know deep down it's not sinister. If you were truly fearing it, you would have already called the doctor. Again, you could have 20 replies and opinions and you anxiety wouldn't let you rest.

What are you doing to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Tiatyrah
29-06-18, 13:30
Nothing, I'm hoping it will pass like it did when I had the other fears because they are really gone now.

So you don't want to give your opinion about the pictures and the mole for me?

Stu1980
29-06-18, 14:02
I am covered in moles - alsorts of shapes and sizes, numerous doctors trips (and I have a phobia of doctors!) and have been where you are now. That mole looks very normal to me. You should see some of mine! I have one shaped like a kidney bean that's been that way for as long as I can remember, new moles popped up, some darker than others and like you I get fixated, particularly when I'm having a low point anxiety or depression wise. Keep an eye on it but don't obsess (I know easier said) and distract yourself if you can.

I'll tell you what worked for me... I told myself I was being obsessive and that the mole hadn't changed and it was the anxiety demons popping in. It's amazing how differently you can look at things when you take a breath, relax a bit and know that it's in your head. Our minds are strong enough to put us in these states and also strong enough to pull us out of them.

I know what it's like to obsess but people like us will always have something to worry about. It's in our nature. :hugs:

Fishmanpa
29-06-18, 14:27
Nothing, I'm hoping it will pass like it did when I had the other fears because they are really gone now.

So you don't want to give your opinion about the pictures and the mole for me?

I'm sorry, I'm not going to feed your dragon with reassurance. As I stated, you're following the well known path of health anxiety sufferers. I've been here a long time and recognize it. What I say or anyone else says won't quell the doubt. There will always be that niggle of doubt and another "yes, but".

Download the free CBT course (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211324) and work on yourself if you're able. if not, seek real life professional help.

I have real physical issues that can put me 6 feet under. Living in fear is doing that to you above ground.

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts