PDA

View Full Version : Getting married a week tomorrow

Elle-Kay
29-07-07, 18:21
I haven't visited NMP in a while as since having some CBT counselling I've been feeling much more independent and confident about life in general which has been a real breath of fresh air, but now is a little different; you see, I'm getting married a week tomorrow (06/08) and the nerves are starting to kick in, which means that the 'what ifs' are also sneaking back - what if I can't go through with it? What if I panic and am physically ill? What if I make a fool of myself in front of all those people? What if I let my fiance and my family down?

I know from my CBT sessions that I need to turn these thoughts into something positive, but the closer the wedding gets, the more tired I feel, and the slower my brain is to conjure positive thoughts, which is allowing the negative ones to take over a bit:shrug:

Pink Princess
29-07-07, 18:33
congradulations on news!!!

it will go fine, all worrying aside you will go ahead with it and have a fab day. you have done so well and im pleased for how far you have got.

do come back and let us know how it goes.

love and hugs xxxx

minnie xxxxx

kazzie
29-07-07, 18:47
CONGRATULATIONS:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Its normal for even a non anx sufferer to feel nervous about something as huge as this!!!!!

I got married 7 yrs ago when my panic was really bad and wondered if I would cope but I was fine and you will be too!!!

I hope you have a lovely day:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x

domino
29-07-07, 20:12
Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding, i have been married now 26yrs and i remember it like it was yesterday. I was sooo nervous, even my hubby said i look like i,d seen a ghost.I know it,s hard for you with everything coming to a head ,but you will get married and will have a wonderful time too ,cherish every minute, it goes soo quick, maybe you could let us know how the day went ,will look forward to reading your thread in the success stories.. Meanwhile, think of the journey that has brought you here it will be alright.:yesyes:

Wilburis
29-07-07, 20:40
Congratulations!

I know you will fine and have the most fab day of your life.

I got married in April and had the same fears as you, but I was so caught up in the moment and was so excited, everything was fine. It was fab.

I just pray the weather gets better for you.

Im also getting nervous, Im having a baby on `17 August!!

Good luck - Liz xx

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

groovygranny
29-07-07, 22:22
Wonderful News Leah !!

oooh, GG loves weddings!

I went to one yesterday - my friend, the groom, was absolutely kacking it bless 'im and you could visibly see him shaking.......all completely normal in my book, so please try not to worry too much.

Look, you're in love and would do anything for each other right?

So, no matter what happens you're not going to be letting anyone down - you're going to stand there with the man you love and make promises to each other that no one else can - and you will share that moment just between the two of you :). That's what's important - the fact that you've both agreed and chosen to spend the rest of your lives together, and I'm sure all your family and friends will think the same.

Maybe you could just try and imagine that it's just the two of you there? Would that help?

I hope you have a really happy, joyful exciting day - and also that the weather is kind to you.

Big hugs for you both!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Elle-Kay
31-07-07, 18:54
Thanks for your kind words everyone. I've decided to have an Acupuncture treatment at work tomorrow (one of the perks of working in an Acupuncture clinic!) to help me get some good nights' sleep at the very least, and see how I go from there.

Leah x

nomorepanic
31-07-07, 19:27
Leah

We have had quite a few wedding posts on here and guess what?

Every single one has gone without a hitch and the day was perfect.

I am sure yours will be the same so good luck with it all ok?