PDA

View Full Version : Can’t shake this

rebeccad
01-07-18, 09:03
For 8 weeks plus now I’ve had this horrible symptom of something stuck in my throat, it’s kist to the right of my Adam’s apple (I’m female ). Sometimes it’s like a bone sometimes it’s like phlegm, other times I feel like something is pressing on my wind pipe. I can swallow my food no problems there. Dr gave my omeprazole they are not helping and I do not have acid anyway. I’ve had a blood test all cake back fine. I go on holiday Tuesday and it’s quite normal for me to suffer pre holiday anxiety but usually presents around booby obsessions. I was sobbing last night as I’m so convinced this is throat cancer, my husband shouted at me and told me I was an embarassmwnt (he’s no way abusive just has had years of this and I feel I’ve pushed him to the limit) I’m worried I’m being dismissed due to my other “health issues” which obviously wasn’t there. I’m torn between going to see a private ent tomorrow or do I wait for my scheduled appointment in August. I’m worried if I leave it until August if it’s the dreaded C it’ll be to late 😢😢 I know I’ll not enjoy my holiday x

RadioGaGa
01-07-18, 12:46
Hi RebeccaD

This doesn't sound like anything to be worried about. Especially as you've been seen by your GP.

Google: "Frog in Throat" - that's what you probably have, and it's nothing to worry about and tends to be caused by anxiety.

All the best

GiantMogwai
01-07-18, 14:08
Last times i had sore throat were because of:

- nasty cold
- hayfever
- hayfever medication
- acid reflux
- acid reflux medication
- screaming
- anxiety

In particular the pollen count in the UK is very high this year. Maybe try taking an antihistamine and see if that helps. Could be hayfever. Most people think hayfever brings on uncontrolled sneezing but for some the throat is the biggest area that gets irritated.

Throat cancer is the one some people always worry about with a persistent sore throat - i'm one of those people - but it can be lots of things.

The worst unexplained sore throat i ever had was from some prescription antihistamines the doctor gave me. I switched to something else - the over the counter stuff - and was sorted. Took months to spot that.

Also hair can cause quite a bit of irritation in the throat and your throat is quite sensitive and has a sort of memory, like you'll feel stuff is still there sometimes when it has long passed. I get this when my beard is out of control.l

Keep a dialogue open with your doctor - see them when you get back, and hope you enjoy your holiday!

pulisa
01-07-18, 14:14
It sounds like globus which is a very common anxiety symptom. It's very uncomfortable and ever-present but doesn't cause swallowing problems/dysphagia.

rebeccad
01-07-18, 16:54
Thank you all for your replies I’m going to go away and then have a plan for when I’m home x