PDA

View Full Version : can you get HIV from being sneezed on or talking to someone who has HIV?

scaredpt
01-07-18, 20:26
Was recently in a conversation with someone who I know has HIV. I was wondering if droplets from their mouth could give me hiv? If I should get tested? Pretty sure they sneezed.

Fishmanpa
01-07-18, 20:36
Was recently in a conversation with someone who I know has HIV. I was wondering if droplets from their mouth could give me hiv? If I should get tested? Pretty sure they sneezed.

I'm sure you've Googled HIV and how you can contract it, so what is the answer to that question?

Positive thoughts

ServerError
01-07-18, 20:38
No you cannot.

Clydesdale Epona
01-07-18, 23:35
Nope, especially Moreso if their on treatment for it.

Stay calm you'll be fine :)

nomorepanic
01-07-18, 23:36
Can you imagine if it was transmitted this way - every one in the world would get it.

Try and use some logic here.

Tommo1980
02-07-18, 08:40
HA is no excuse for this level of ignorance. Would you have the same fear if you had talked to someone with cancer?

Shadowhawk
02-07-18, 13:32
HA is no excuse for this level of ignorance. Would you have the same fear if you had talked to someone with cancer?
Unfortunately, we have seen that worry here too:
www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=216837

HA is a hell of a problem, and the spectrum that it can cause worry is incredible. Things that would never cross the mind of your average joe can become a fixation point. But even more interesting is that while we deal with out own HA worries (be it cancer, heart disease, virus, etc), we can take a rational look at another's HA and wonder how they are even worried about it; yet the fear is no more false than our own.

jojo2316
02-07-18, 13:36
NO!!!!!!
I thought that particular fear died in the 80s!!!!

scaredpt
07-08-18, 15:07
Hi so there is no way a sneeze from
Someone with hiv could’ve given it to me?

AMomentofClarity
07-08-18, 15:14

SMH. Honestly.....there’s health anxiety, and then there’s blatant ignorance. This thread definitely represents the latter.

nomorepanic
07-08-18, 15:17

Come on be sensible about this. We have already answered your question and you must know that this is absolutely impossible! :lac:

Fishmanpa
07-08-18, 15:21

Read what was written in the replies and answer the question please :lac:

Positive thoughts

paranoid-viking
07-08-18, 17:51

It is not often I ask this or....I dont even want to ask this but....sorry for doings so but....are you trolling?

---------- Post added at 18:50 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

NO!!!!!!
I thought that particular fear died in the 80s!!!!

It is sad to see that old stigma of HIV patients has not died out and that there are still peole with such nonsense fear that HIV positive people are walking bacteria bomb. But seeing the headlinge of this post; I am even suspecting we have a troll here.

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

SMH. Honestly.....there’s health anxiety, and then there’s blatant ignorance. This thread definitely represents the latter.

Agree. This is a misuse or abuse of this forum and what it should stand for.

MRS STRESS ED
07-08-18, 18:42

Are you real ?
absolutely not l find this not only ignorant but very sad your lack of knowledge for goodness sake get real :wacko:

ErinKC
08-08-18, 01:14
HIV is only transmitted through blood and bodily fluids like semen. It can't be transmitted through saliva. You can kiss or share food with someone who has HIV. It's only transmitted through unprotected sexual contact or contact in which the blood of an HIV positive person gets into another person's body, like through an open cut. And, if I've learned anything from binge watching ER, it's not even a sure thing in those cases. You have nothing to worry about spending time with someone who has HIV or AIDs.