PDA

View Full Version : Blood clot in period, it's really scared me

BrokenGirl
01-07-18, 21:09
Over the past few months my periods have been quite heavy. They were always a bit heavy but have gotten more so recently. I'm currently on a heavy period, it's about day 3 and while I was thinking that the flow was starting to ease a little bit, I just went to the bathroom and a large clot of blood came out. It just scared me cause I don't know if this is normal or something to worry about. I sometimes get the odd clot but usually not as large as the one I just saw. Should I be concerned about it? Could it be a sign of anything?
(I'm 41 by the way)

EmmyDay
01-07-18, 21:27
Blood clots during periods are incredibly common and often happen if you're prone to heavier periods. Of course if you feel concerned I'd speak to a GP, but I'd say it's nothing to worry about.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

venusbluejeans
01-07-18, 23:11
completely normal especially if you have heavy periods, it is what blood is meant to do

Clydesdale Epona
01-07-18, 23:31
Don't sound like anything to be concerned about, I'm always having heavy periods I had a particularly bad night in my youth and still lived to tell the tale(nobody deserves the details but trust me it was bad haha) x