PDA

View Full Version : Tetanus scare lmao

Imstupid
02-07-18, 07:57
Alright before I start this post, I have really bad health anxiety which could be the problem hahah but I just want a second opinion. So about 11 days ago I was out with friends drinking at a bar and then we decided to go back to this girls house to hangout. Before I left the bar, I rubbed sanatizer on my hands because there was a dispenser at the door before you walk out. So we got to this girls house and she had a dart board in her room and we were playing darts. A dart hit my finger and it started bleeding pretty bad. The puncture wound was relatively deep at the very tip of my finger: It bled for about a solid 5 minutes and I had cold water running on it. We went swimming I didn’t think much of it. The next day my finger was a little red and it when I touched things. I thought about if I should get a tetanus shot but I thought I was being dramatic because of how bad my anxiety can get. So later that day my friend said I should probably get a tetanus shot and that’s where my anxiety was set off. The next night after that (now 48 hours after I got hit) I was laying in bed and felt a muscle spasm on my legs. It didn’t hurt or anything just a little spasm. I sat there and started getting very anxious and refused to google symptoms and signs because obviously after you do that you start feeling everything. I cracked and started googling and researching everything about tetanus and now I would consider myself a doctor of tetanus lmao and of course the spasms started happening but weren’t anything serious. The next day I went to the doctors and I told the lady what happened and she looked at my finger and the difference was night and day compared to the day after I hit my finger. She looked at it and sbe Said she didn’t think I could’ve even catch the disease given the circumstances of the situations. The dart was clean and it was almost three days after and my finger looked perfectly fine. Then she looked up the last time I got a tetanus shot and it was 10 years ago. She said I was due for a shot but she said at this point it’s highly unlikely and since I was there she gave me another shot cause mine technically expires this year. At this point it was less than 72 hours since I got stabbed. I’ve been feeling muscle spasms since I got the shot and have been panicking. Yesterday my jaw started feeling a little stiff and has been like that for a while now. Ibe been freaking out since. I only get the muscle spasms when I lay down and relax and randomly when I stand. I notice when I take my mind off of it I don’t have them as much but I’m still anxious about it. I’m not convulsing or clinching or anything like that it just seems like a regular spasm too. I know I’m probably just doing this to myself but I’m looking for another opinion hahahaha it’s been about 11 days since I stabbed myself