PDA

View Full Version : Hot weather and increased anxiety

FluffySheep
02-07-18, 09:12
I hate the hot weather. We are currently having a hot spell in the UK and for some reason my HA always gets worse in the summer. I think it is partly the social side of it (im a large lady) but also it makes me feel quite ill when i am out in it. Does anyone else find the heat increases feelings of anxiety?

Sleepy
02-07-18, 09:56
Hello Fluffysheep,

Yes I do! I don’t really like this level of heat, and there just hasn’t been any respite, has there? Since I started new medication I feel hotter all the time anyway, and 30 degrees isn’t helping. I find it makes me irritable too. I keep telling myself that it’s better than snow, which causes me bad anxiety!

Scass
02-07-18, 10:05
I do too. I sleep worse, so feel worse.

And there’s nothing worse than not being able to find comfortable clothes to wear in the heat.

When it gets muggy too, I get breathless as well (I have asthma) and that really sets off my anxiety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magic
02-07-18, 17:35
I feel the same. To hot. Even in the shade it does not help.
Saturday night I felt I needed oxygen. GP surgeries will be full this last week.:nonono:

GiantMogwai
02-07-18, 17:39
Hot weather sucks! Bring on September. I wish it was April and September the whole year round. :)

SarahNah
02-07-18, 17:43
Oh! I always think of how much I love the heat but forget how horrible it can be. I feel worse when it gets to hot outside, especially with the heat wave. It's exhausting all day and impossible to sleep at night.

ServerError
02-07-18, 17:52
I love the heat but it can be draining.

Best thing you can do is drink plenty of water and make sure to eat food that helps your body cope with it better.

Mindprison
02-07-18, 22:54
I've had 3 panic attacks since yesterday mainly due to overthinking but the heat makes me pretty breathless even at rest. It's been that way since I was a kid, but the combination of my health anxiety and heat troubles is more than enough to shove it over the edge.

MyNameIsTerry
03-07-18, 02:21
It used to cause me problems feeling like my breathing was restricted. And not being able to sleep was an obvious spike.

These days I just find I wake up feeling like utter garbage on some of these hot nights. Dehydration, possibly. Maybe just heat encouraging a crappy nights sleep. Two days over the past week or so I've woken up wanting to have an extra hour as I just felt really rough.

FluffySheep
04-07-18, 08:16
Thanks everyone ! I hate summer, My fave season is Autumn and most people look at me as though im mad ;) Glad to know I am not the only one who struggles with the hot weather!