PDA

View Full Version : ninja one-fanged rabid bat?? please!!

chinesewall
02-07-18, 10:02
I posted a few weeks ago about my HA/OCD being triggered recently and guess what? Bat phobia. Now, I know I'm being ridiculous but it still feels so real. I've been on holiday in Scotland and have seen bats at a distance. Woke up yesterday morning with one non itchy small spot on the back of my hand. No blood. First (sensible) reaction was 'is this a tick?'. Fortunately not. But then out of the blue the thought of the stealth ninja one fanged rabid bat imbedded itself in my mind and just won't leave. No bats I can see in the house although we did have the window open. I'm well aware of the infinitesimally small if not zero chance of this being in anyway bat related. but the thought lingers. Any suggestions on how to cope and not spoil the rest of my stay? So sorry to add yet another episode to the long running bat saga...

Fishmanpa
02-07-18, 13:10
ninja one-fanged rabid bat??

:huh:

Positive thoughts

Kingdawson
02-07-18, 14:24
I posted a few weeks ago about my HA/OCD being triggered recently and guess what? Bat phobia. Now, I know I'm being ridiculous but it still feels so real. I've been on holiday in Scotland and have seen bats at a distance. Woke up yesterday morning with one non itchy small spot on the back of my hand. No blood. First (sensible) reaction was 'is this a tick?'. Fortunately not. But then out of the blue the thought of the stealth ninja one fanged rabid bat imbedded itself in my mind and just won't leave. No bats I can see in the house although we did have the window open. I'm well aware of the infinitesimally small if not zero chance of this being in anyway bat related. but the thought lingers. Any suggestions on how to cope and not spoil the rest of my stay? So sorry to add yet another episode to the long running bat saga...

The karate two fanged siamese bat is way scarier.

MyNameIsTerry
02-07-18, 15:52
We've got bats all over the UK yet look at the last time we had a case of rabies where it wasn't from someone returning from outside the UK. It's not happened for many years.

Try to distract yourself with what you are doing on your holiday. Engage with those you are with. Cut down on too much thinking time.

chinesewall
02-07-18, 18:12
Thanks for making me laugh fishmanpa and kingdawson: so infuriating to know I'm being an idiot and not being able to stop myself. And I'll take your advice Terry - v sensible but it really helps when someone says it :)

ankietyjoe
02-07-18, 18:21
There is a small field at the end of my back garden. Every night at dusk there are dozens of bats flying about, some of them 4-5 feet above my head. They regularly dive bomb insects very close to me. It has been this way for the 12 years I have lived here. I have never once been bitten or even touched.

They avoid humans and large sources of heat at all costs. The same way we wouldn't run up to a rhino or a bear.

Scass
02-07-18, 19:49
There used to be a bat living in a disused building next to me. We were fascinated by it at dusk every night. I never knew they carried diseases until I joined this forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ankietyjoe
02-07-18, 20:19
Humans carry disease, everything carries disease.

pulisa
02-07-18, 20:42
Thanks for making me laugh fishmanpa and kingdawson: so infuriating to know I'm being an idiot and not being able to stop myself. And I'll take your advice Terry - v sensible but it really helps when someone says it :)

If you can laugh about it this may help diffuse the anxiety? I have never heard of a ninja one-fanged rabid bat before-what a mouthful!

Seriously though, I hope you can move on from this fear and feel calmer very soon.

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

And in Scotland it would most definitely be a McNinja variation!:D

Scass
02-07-18, 21:02
Humans carry disease, everything carries disease.

I am well aware [emoji3]. I am not bothered by it, it’s just that I never knew it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk