PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

Courtney1998
02-07-18, 11:08
I’m a 19 year old female no medical history and I don’t take medication I started to suffer with chest pains and a weird sensation in my chest I went to a&E 6 times I’ve had 7 ecg’s done a chest x ray and 3 blood test they have all come back normal I have no family history of heart problems and no one in my family has died suddenly due to heart problems but I’m still really worried I’m going to suffer with a cardiac arrest how likely is this? I’m really stressing about this because I have read posts about people my age having one I have been told by several doctors that it is extremely rare to just die suddenly without any medically problems but no matter how many times they tell me it’s still taking over my life

Fishmanpa
02-07-18, 13:14
I went to a&E 6 times I’ve had 7 ecg’s done a chest x ray and 3 blood test they have all come back normal. I have no family history of heart problems and no one in my family has died suddenly due to heart problems.... I’m a 19 year old female...how likely is this?

Not a chance!

Positive thoughts

GiantMogwai
02-07-18, 14:18
This is very very unlikely and the number of ECGs you have had should give you a fair bit of reassurance.

If you get any blackouts then you need to tell your doctor and rule out heart problems but otherwise I wouldn't worry.

Keep an eye on the pain though and if it lasts more than 2 weeks or is sudden and severe talk to your doctor. If your doctor says it's muscular then usually it just takes time but if ongoing then maybe see a physio.

I get chest pains all the time mostly due to an old injury and inflamed muscle between the ribs. If i push my rib and it hurts more then i feel i can ignore the pain. It's my amateurish way of rationalising that it is just my injury and nothing more serious.

Courtney1998
02-07-18, 15:04
I find it really hard to believe it’s no serious it’s taking over my life.. to the point where I can’t be in a room on my own just in case