PDA

View Full Version : Get off here and the drugs

Starryeyed
02-07-18, 23:22
Get off the drugs it won’t help anxiety. Anxiety is all in the mind. Think positive and keep exercising to release endorphins. Anxiety won’t beat us. Reading people’s stories on here will worsen anxiety. Anxiety and the symptoms palpatations and stitch is all in the mind. Our bodies breathe on their own accord. I will beat anxiety but keep talking about it will worsen our symptoms p

ankietyjoe
03-07-18, 11:11
Get off the drugs it won’t help anxiety.

Except for the percentage it does help.

Anxiety is all in the mind.

No it's not.

Reading people’s stories on here will worsen anxiety.

Except for those it helps.

Anxiety and the symptoms palpatations and stitch is all in the mind.

Again, not true.

I will beat anxiety but keep talking about it will worsen our symptoms p

If you keep catasrophising it in your head it will worsen it, but talking about it won't inherently make it worse.

ana
03-07-18, 13:04
I agree with Joe.
Talking about your worries, fears and symptoms makes people feel better. It's very comforting to know that there are other people out there who struggle just as much; it makes people feel less alone and isolated in their struggles.

Also, medication helps a lot of people. There is no magic pill that will make your anxiety go away, but medication helps people to suffer less and it enables them to do more things so that they can keep building their confidence up and working on their issues.

GiantMogwai
03-07-18, 13:18
Agree with Ana, plus for me nice to help people with similar problems to what I had many years ago. Hopefully save some people some hardship. Agree that sometimes you need to clear your head though and dwelling too deeply can be counterproductive. Also agree that for some people drugs are not the right answer. But find this forum site reasonably balanced.

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

Also Starry - saying all of this is in the mind is nonsense. Many people here suffer from a range of physical conditions and past traumas.

nomorepanic
03-07-18, 14:22
Get off the drugs it won’t help anxiety. Anxiety is all in the mind. Think positive and keep exercising to release endorphins. Anxiety won’t beat us. Reading people’s stories on here will worsen anxiety. Anxiety and the symptoms palpatations and stitch is all in the mind. Our bodies breathe on their own accord. I will beat anxiety but keep talking about it will worsen our symptoms p

In June you had a big problem with breathing. So have you taken your own advice and that problem has gone now?

Munki
03-07-18, 14:49
Starryeyed, you have a point, absolutely. But I don't agree with your sweeping statement. You've clearly been on/used this forum at some point to be a member so maybe at some point in your journey you needed some support.

Sometimes people need to speak to like minds who can relate to their problems and it can be very assuring to know that you're not 'abnormal' or 'weird'.

Whilst there can be element of 'dwelling on' issues, you can't take away from those that need some advice or just need to vent.

Maybe you should rethink....

Magic
03-07-18, 15:46
I agree with ana too. There was NMP years ago, Thank goodness we have it now.

Carnation
03-07-18, 21:20
I certainly wouldn't be where I am today, if it wasn't for NMP. I'd probably be still crunched up in a ball in my bedroom, not even venturing outside.
I have made friends on here, where people I knew in the real world didn't under or didn't want to know and left me high and dry.
NMP is a godsend in my opinion.

Starryeyed
03-07-18, 23:05
Sorry for the statement. I am grateful for the support on here. I just thought for a moment maybe these forums may make people worse with over thinking. Mine has gone down now as the more I exercise the more I don’t get worked up about breathing as the more out of breath you get the better it is for your heart rate

Catherine S
03-07-18, 23:23
But you joined the forum for a reason, when you felt physically bad because of anxiety, and then you started to feel better. So why not stick around to help others in the same situation to feel better? Don't slate the forum if you now don't agree with it. It has helped so many over the years...including me, and I stay here to try and help others.

Your post was a little unfair, but at least you realised that for yourself. I wish you all the best in your recovery, and if in the future you have a relapse which can happen, perhaps we can be of some help then too.

Take care
Cath ☺ x