PDA

View Full Version : Infection Sepsis/Scare

Franchesca
03-07-18, 00:18
I am SO angry at myself right now. I guess the old saying " No Good Dead Goes Unpunished" is true. The last week my HA lowered a little, I tried to distract and not overthink. I have very bad osteoporosis, and my house call Dr said Vitamin D is good for that....really dont want too take supplements because they could hurt kidneys and I am so med-sensitive he said too sit outside 10 minutes a day in sunlight which I did. It actually felt good...its been so long since I have been in the sun. Everyday 10 mins boosts Vitamin D.
My elbows are very bad, if anyone knows what I am talking about, I lean on them and they are like brownish red, sore and irritated. I use vasoline, and try not too lean. Wouldn't you know it when I was coming in to the house from screened porch I scraped my elbow on screen door, I was trying too maneuver my walker, it hurt and bled very little used peroxide, and Neosporin bandaid.

Now I am terrified about SESPIS! The elbow was already sore opened and irritated, so I'm sure some infection creeped in..because already sore. This probably has a lot to do with that staph infection under my arm I had, which I took antibotics for but the purple sore still there after 8 weeks, I'm trying not to think about it...its too much to deal with. I want to call my Doc up and get antibotics, the holiday is coming and he wont be in town.....but I seriously doubt he will call them in for a scrape thats not infected "yet". I prhope the peroxide and Neosporin will work. I dont want to get my husband mad...and he wii be OR ruin my son's holiday. I cant believe this happened, especially while tryin to do something positive for my physical and mental health. Did anyone ever scrape a already irritated sore? Do I need antibiotics? I am so scared and mad at myself. I do not want sepsis or to ruin the holiday. Any help hope, prayers , advice, I would be so grateful and apprecative.I'm so frightened I'm shaking....please forgive typos..thank you so much.

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

I foolishly googled it... its called a "BURSA" had it awhile on elbow no bother really since my other issues are worse said it can be infected or non infected but used word..."septic bursa" now I am terrified! If I had not cut it I would not be so scared...I have convinced myself infection got in. Doctor never called back please help!