PDA

View Full Version : Hi i'm new here

malificent
21-12-04, 19:55
Hi everyone,

I'm new here so i thought i'd introduce myself.

I'm 19yrs old and i have been suffering with panic and anxiety disorder since february this year. I have no idea what started it, nothing has happened to me recently that should have caused it, as i keep trying to explain to my doc!

At first i didn't know what was wrong with me but after eventually going to the doctor and having negative blood tests and a few chats with the doctor i was diagnosed with panic and anxiety disorder. I was prescribed citalopram for my panic and depression but after taking one dose i found i had some horrible adverse reactions and ceased to take them. That was when the doc did an ECG and found my heart rate was abnormally high (kind of good as it's my fat burning zone when i'm sitting doing nothing!) and so she prescribed me with propranolol which i can take when i'm about to go out anywhere ( as i find myself very nervous when i leave the house) and have only taken about 3 times but have found they work brilliantly.

Since february i have been having trouble with going shopping, or to a pub or party or even to my mum's house which is only 25 miles away, not usually anything i'd worry about. I had to leave my job in September after having cut my hours down from 36hrs p/w to 11hrs p/w in stages. I could no longer take being so nervous and found myself increasingly sensitive to negative comments from customers or anyone for that matter.

I have started to go short distances in the car and to the supermarket at night when it is quiet. I am starting to realise i desperately need to get a job, as it turns out savings don't last forever, but it's just not possible, i can't go shopping which i love so how am i supposed to get a job?[Sigh...]

Thanks for reading this i look forward to corresponding with you.:)

Lucy

FAN
21-12-04, 20:07
hi and welcome im sure you will get lots of good advice from the site

fan x

Karen
21-12-04, 20:19
Hi Lucy

Welcome to the forum. It is good that you are starting to get out and about more. Small steps at a time is the way forward.

I'm sure you will get helpful support and advice here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

jill
21-12-04, 20:37
Hi Lucy,

Welcome to the site.

There are lots of nice people here
who will give you help and support.

JILLXX

vernon
21-12-04, 20:38
hi Lucy, Welcome to the site I hope u find a lot of help here as i am sure u will. There is also a chat room we use in the evenings usualy after 8 30pm, pop in anytime join in or lust watch up to u, Its always nice to see new faces there. Anyway Take care for now Vernon

Meg
21-12-04, 22:42
Hi Lucy,

Slowly and in measured stages increase the outings . Get comfortable with one step before moving onto another .

There are jobs you can do from home which might keep the wolf from the door for a bit whilst you expand your boundaries. Some telesales, some home working .

You are doing well with your exposure so keep at it ...It does get easier .

Let us know if there is anything specific we can help with .

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

nomorepanic
22-12-04, 16:54
Hi Lucy

Welcome aboard !

I hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Have you considered a part-time job - just a few hours a day to help you get back into things and get some money coming in.

Read all the advice on the "First steps" post on the website (www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm) as there may be something in there that puts you back on track.

Good luck and let us know if we can help atall.

Nicola