PDA

View Full Version : Female issues

dancer girl
03-07-18, 12:37
I have had health anxiety on and off for probably 15 years. I had CBT and with the help of my brilliant GP, I have not worried for a few years but recently its reared its ugly head again. I started with lower back pain in the kidney area but I could also feel it in my groin and it was affecting my stomach. Every day I had IBS symptoms, stomach cramps and discomfort, this went on for weeks. My GP said it was to do with tight muscles, given that everything is attached to everything else in our bodies, that made sense. I had a couple of physio sessions and its seems to have cured the tummy issues. But I have another problem now, back in December I had a bit of yellow discharge, I saw my GP and he said it could be an infection, I had a scrape and was told no further action was needed and all was clear, but 6 months on, I still get a little discharge occasionally. I am 59 so not sure if this is normal and I am fixating on it. I have also started checking for blood in my stools and I know this is getting ridiculous but its affecting my day to day life. Any advice please?

venusbluejeans
03-07-18, 12:42
Hiya dancer girl and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

JT_Judas
04-07-18, 20:50
Hey Dancer Girl, I am sorry to hear about your troubles and although I’m not a girl, I can certainly relate to the IBS problems and the stool checking. I think the latter especially is detrimental to your everyday well-being as I started to panic over stupid little things that I found in my stools. If there was anything to worry about, you would know. I’ve had every colour poop under the sun but I’ve never had blood and apparently this is so obvious when it happens. I’m colourblind too so as you can imagine this can play hell with my HA but I can tell red and brown apart. The thing to remember about IBS is that your stools will constantly change, colour, shape, content, form. If you’ve experienced IBS-d you’ll know that food can pass straight through you without any digestion taking place and you will often find undigested bits of food that are easy to mistake for blood or stones or whatever. I think the biggest problem is accepting that you have IBS, I’m struggling to accept my own diagnosis. If your symptoms flare up again, I highly recommend using fybogel. I really hope you get the answers that you need in terms to you other troubles but when it comes to stool, unless it’s painfully obvious that you’re bleeding, it’s best not to take any notice.

JT