PDA

View Full Version : Red spot back of throat

jzinckgra
03-07-18, 14:23
About 6 weeks ago I got sick with a nasty bronchial infection, which started as a mild flu-like illness. The cough and sore throat that came after lasted until early June. Back then I took the flashlight and was checking out my throat and saw a red spot, partially raised with what looked like a blister in the middle. Of course my anxiety was raised, but I blew it off to the infection. Several days later I checked again and it was nearly gone, both blister and redness. FYI, this spot is all the way back, not near tonsils.

A few days ago I go checking my throat and the spot is back, but no blister. Just a somewhat raised reddened spot. Here goes my anxiety again. Not sure if this related to having been sick or something else. I've got some reflux lately, which I get periodically and wondering if this could be causing the issue. I've made an appt with my doc this friday to have her take a look. Of course I always assume the worse. :wacko:

Sorry, just realized I posted to wrong forum. Mods, please move to throat symptom forum, thanks.

jzinckgra
03-07-18, 20:24
Got a last minute appt with my doc. Turns out the spot is my adenoid that is inflamed either due to virus, stress or allergies. I think it's allergies since my ears have been plugged off/on for awhile now. So my anxiety is squashed for now until the next thing comes along:winks:

One thing I'd normally due in this instance is start googling "adenoids and allergies, virus". Nope, not going to do it. There's no point. I trust the dr and am moving on. Anxiety can stick it.:yesyes:

SarahNah
03-07-18, 22:17
Good for you! That's good news :)