PDA

View Full Version : New mole has me a bit put off while on vacation

lofwyr
04-07-18, 15:04
So I have a new mole that has violated a couple of the ABCDE melanoma rules and it has me a little bit worried. I am a out of town on vacation and at least two weeks from a doc, but thought I would run this past the mole worriers here as well as those, like me, who have to deal with having loads of moles. It is tiny, maybe 1mm or so across at the widest measurement and on my calf, but oddly shaped and two shades of brown. It is also very new. I am attaching a picture of it.

Bear in mind, I am in no way asking for a diagnosis or anything like that. What I am wondering is if you guys have or had oddball moles like this and had it be nothing? I had one actual pretty serious doctor, not HA inspired nodular melanoma scare, so I am a bit gun shy as I also have a TON of moles. I am not really falling down the rabbit hole of obsessive thinkning, yet anyway, but am a little bit worried about this one., mostly because I just cannot do anything about it right away, which is my go to response for anxiety triggers. I like to deal with things, and dimly cannot at this time, so having a hard time letting go.
https://ibb.co/dq3Vmd

nicole97
13-07-18, 16:06
I have ones that look like that and have been nothing serious. I would be more concerned about it being new, but only if you are older. Not sure of your age, so not sure if that is a concern or not.

NervUs
13-07-18, 19:15
My moles tend not to look like that, but I have had some with very concerning features-- odd shape, 3 color, red ring around-- that were benign or just atypical. You really cannot tell by looking.

Since it is new and does have ABCDE features, get it checked as soon as you can. Even if it is something bad, you are getting to it extremely early in its course.

My sister had a spot, she brought it up to docs for 3 years until one finally agreed to take it off, and it was mel and only stage 1. Point being, IF yours is mel, and it is brand new, there is no chance it would be advanced!!

I am not saying this to imply you have mel, at all. There is a good chance that you do not (I remember reading 1:33 moles biopsied are mel, so it takes a lot of suspicious moles to find one cancerous one!). I am just saying, delaying by 2 weeks is really not a big deal!!

Keep us updated!