PDA

View Full Version : Ausitory seizure - worried

RadioGaGa
04-07-18, 17:52
Hi everyone

The anxiety had been good for a spell there. However a couple of weeks ago, I was using my e-cig in bed late at night, and it’s makes a funny tinnitus type noise when using it. As I was lying there in the silent room I ‘ ‘thought’ I could hear it playing in my mind - similar to how a song gets stuck in your head. I worried this was an auditory seizure. But used logic and was fine. Since then I heard different noises (all with sources) but worried slightly about auditory seizures.

THEN TODAY. In Work I was talking with a colleague about a prescription, and how we we’re going to label it for the patient. She then went off and I was labelling it when I heard someone (her voice) say ‘Andrew?’ I turned round, as I thought it was coming from behind me. I couldn’t see her, nor anyone else that could’ve said my name.

Currently worrying this was a partial seizure :/

I should add this is a busy hospital dispensary - plenty of people were there. But no one else there at the time is called Andrew.

GiantMogwai
04-07-18, 18:30
This happens to me sometimes when tired and run down, and I'd call it "hearing things". A short utterance like Andrew will just be you hearing things. Nothing more. Forget about it. Happens to me every now and then.

SarahNah
04-07-18, 18:40
I get this all the time! I could just be sitting in a cafe or just walking by myself and I feel like someone has called out to me. Realizing no one is there or even looking towards me. Sometimes I think it's more spooky then health stuff :blush:

RadioGaGa
04-07-18, 19:58
It worries me because it was so clear and I thought it was behind me. I was certain it was my colleague. But, of course, it could've been anyone in the dispensary.

Besides, trying to use logic. I'd been worrying for the last several weeks I was having auditory hallucinations... What are the chances I've actually developed them (secondary to a brain tumour) now!?