PDA

View Full Version : Can you 'adjust' to anxiety? To the point where it becomes the norm.

AnxiousForever
04-07-18, 20:09
I have tended to find my Anxiety comes and goes but recently I think it's just become a low level thing that sits there still causing some of the mental strains of it, some of the physical manifestations, but without that powerful and immediate sense of dread and panic.

In other words I am getting all the symptoms of anxiety but without acknowledging it in my brain.

I still have real moments of health anxiety daily, at the moment every little pain/niggle/stiffness is freaking me out. One of the worse periods of anxiety I have had for a while.

I dunno what my question is, wondering if others have this too I guess...

GiantMogwai
04-07-18, 22:53
I think I've become desensitized to my ambient anxiety. I feel the effects of anxiety in terms of what things I react to but find it harder now to describe that reaction or the emotion I'm feeling. I feel more outside myself than I used to and less clear of mind.

Juggar
09-07-18, 09:06
In a way, I think you can. But really it is like the other poster said, desensitization,

When it first hit me it was horrible, I did not know how to cope or deal with it. Now, after more than a year and a half it’s certainly more manageable. I did improve mentally, I don’t suffer from moderate to severe insomnia anymore thank god.

Like with all things time helps I suppose.

venusbluejeans
09-07-18, 11:07
your brain learns to live with your anxiety and the more you let it be and tell it that it is only anxiety and can't hurt you then the more it will fade into the background of your life

kestral
09-07-18, 16:06
My stress goes up and down but it doesn't take much to get things going. I am always checking myself, my pulse, testicles, scratches, reading about health issues on Google while trying not to listen to health related things in the news or on tv. At the moment I have been put on diabetic meds and having weakness and stomach aches and the stress has put me in bed feeling really bad. It's a very debilitating condition we share.