PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia...SFI?

Caribou93
04-07-18, 20:59
I've hit another wall, and I've tried shaking it, but after seeing yet another case of SFI come to light, it made me worry. 5 nights ago, I had no trouble falling asleep, but I got up earlier than I usually do (like 2 hours earlier), and I didn't think anything of it. The same thing happened the next two nights. And last night, and the night before that one, I would fall asleep only to wake up a few hours later, fall back asleep, and then get up a few hours later. For example, last night, I went to bed around 11:20, woke up around 2:30, fell back asleep, and then got up at 5:50 this morning.

I don't know why, but it's freaking me out. The case of SFI that I am referring to was a relatively healthy 28 year old male, who developed SFI out of nowhere, and there have now been 16 or 17 cases of SFI recorded with that new case. I'm tired when I go to lay down, and I usually fall asleep fine, but I get up a few times a night. But, I use to be able to sleep 8 hours like a baby no problem. I would sometimes have problems sleeping, but they would resolve after maybe 2 days. I'm tired throughout the day, not enough to be completely exhausted, but I notice it.

One other thing I should mention is that for literally the past 4 years I would say, my memory has been terrible. Like, I'll forget what I'm saying as it's coming out of my mouth. I just worry that maybe my memory loss is a predictor of possibly having something like SFI since people have stated that mental function does deteriorate with it, and I'm only 24 years old.

ServerError
04-07-18, 21:08
SFI occurs at random by definition. It's sporadic, after all. Nothing you can do about that. It could theoretically happen to any of us. But it won't.

But 16/17 out of how many billion people? If you're gonna worry about SFI, you may as well worry about every other disease because almost all of them are more common.

Scass
04-07-18, 21:36
The fact that you’re worrying more about it means that when you start to come out of deep sleep it’s a bit like your anxiety brain is a lightbulb that’s switching on & getting you up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
04-07-18, 22:42
All I'll say is we'll see you when the next deadly illness get's hold of your anxiety ;)

Positive thoughts

Caribou93
05-07-18, 00:38
What’s odd is with a few exceptions, most of the health problems that I was always concerned about have disappeared. But, this one keeps coming back. And to be honest, I’m not anxious, but I’m almost saying to myself “I know I have it.” It’s like, usually my sleep is okay by now, but I keep getting up earlier and earlier.

ServerError
05-07-18, 01:29
That's not how SFI works.