PDA

View Full Version : Is this steatorrhea?

Novosibi
05-07-18, 01:30
So for the past month or so I have catastrophised bowel cancer, pancreatic cancer, cholecystitis and pancreatitis in chronological order.

I initially started with a grumbling stomach which then developed to a mild dull ache in my upper right quadrant which comes and goes.

During this I have been examine my stools with great detail and have convinced myself I have steatorhea; typically all my stools sink however are often coated with mucus.

I recently notice little gas bubbles that rise and burst into a clear filmy substance; what would this be?

Wouldn't steatorrhea be clearly defined oil globules and float?

So anxious and need some consolation.

Thanks

Fishmanpa
05-07-18, 01:52
DISCLAIMER: I have include 2 images of my recent BM.

:huh: :scared15: Nope.. Nope... Nope.... Nope... Nope! :lac:

Positive thoughts and poo threads

Novosibi
07-07-18, 23:13
Following a chronic period of gastrointestinal health anxiety (pancreatitis, gallstones) *I have been closely inspecting my bowel movements.

I have found although they sink the majority of time they're often accompanied with small gas bubbles and produce a very faint light, opalescent white film; is this Steatorrhea? I can't ascertain any definite globules of oil however my stools do tend to be a lighter shade of brown.

My main worry now is chronic pancreatitis; I initially started drinking at the start of 2017 having never drank before (I'm 24 now) and have been drinking quite heavily for a duration if say 18 months.

I do have faint niggling aches in my upper right quadrant and back sometines.

Any advice or experience would be a major help.

Thanks

nomorepanic
07-07-18, 23:29
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

worriedpatient
08-07-18, 09:16
Hello,
I am going through the very same speaking of my concerns. I thought I have pancreatic cancer, bowel cancer, now I am back at pancreatic - trying to fight this anxiety. You can rule out pancreatitis, because pain in this disease is so bad that you finish in an emergency room. Upper right quadrant pain also does not fit much to pancreas related issues... if something, it more sounds like your liver... if you are drinking heavy, visit your GP. Blood tests would reveal any damage on your liver. Bowel cancer is very unlikely, until you do not see blood in your stool and unexplained weight loss. Good luck.