PDA

View Full Version : Head Injury Worry

JackMUFC
05-07-18, 03:51
Hello,

I am 17 and about 10 hours ago I managed to whack the top of my head off of the top of a door frame quite hard and I it is almost 4 am and I am worried to go to sleep in case I don't wake up. I didn't experience any of the warning signs for a severe head injury. I just have a very mild dull stinging pain in the area that I hit my head and my pupils look a bit bigger than usual or that is just my anxiety kicking in...

Can someone help a guy out here?:)

daydayday
05-07-18, 04:02
Hey, I'm no doctor but i'm 100% sure you won't die because of this. The stinging pain is a normal reaction due to what happened. If you're that scared, wait a few hours before going to sleep again. It was 10 hours ago, I think there's nothing to worry about. Fear and nervousness can make your pupils look big. Hope you feel better soon :)

HullSimplibus
06-07-18, 14:52
Hello,

I am 17 and about 10 hours ago I managed to whack the top of my head off of the top of a door frame quite hard and I it is almost 4 am and I am worried to go to sleep in case I don't wake up. I didn't experience any of the warning signs for a severe head injury. I just have a very mild dull stinging pain in the area that I hit my head and my pupils look a bit bigger than usual or that is just my anxiety kicking in...

Can someone help a guy out here?:)

I wouldn't worry at all. Your pupils sometimes naturally dilate a lot of the time. A few months ago I hit my head on a gate hinge and it left a gash there. It never caused any concussion or severe head injury symptoms and I am 3 years younger than you, you'll be fine don't worry :yesyes: