PDA

View Full Version : Why did I do this? Worried about food poisoning and complications

HopeI'mWrong:P
05-07-18, 12:18
Hello. I'm having a panic about food poisoning (again). Today at work they're having a charity food sale. People have brought in all kinds of food that they've made at home. For some reason, I decided to buy some samosas, spring rolls and a cheese pasty. I ate them all. Almost immediately after, I started to panic. Why did I do this?! I don't even know who made them - what if their kitchen isn't clean or they haven't washed their hands? Also, today is a hot day and they would have needed to bring the food here in the warmth. And I have no idea how long it's been sat out for.

I'm also worried because the doctors think I have IBD, so food poisoning could be more serious for me. Aaannd, lately I've been getting upper abdominal pain and nausea after eating, so I've been worried that I have a stomach ulcer. What if the food poisoning and vomiting causes it to perforate?

And breathe. As you can tell, I'm mega panicking about this. I don't know how to stop though :(

Lucylee
05-07-18, 12:36
drink some water, have a breather. i can tell youre very panicky. i would wait to see if any symptoms have came to light in the next couple of hours. if youre still really panicky id go the doctors and voice your concerns.

ankietyjoe
05-07-18, 14:24
Food poisoning doesn't just happen because food is left out for a couple of hours, generally speaking. The exceptions are most kinds of fish (especially oily fish), because they create certain types of bacteria as they break down. And some soft cheeses, which are basically petri dishes. Even so, food poisoning is so rare. Most of what you read about is from poorly maintaining manufacturing or food processing plants where a strain of bacteria has been allowed to flourish.

Scass
05-07-18, 17:45
I’m sure you’ll be absolutely fine. Generally people who can cook those sorts of foods will be up on their food hygiene. It’s very unlikely that it will make you ill.

Sounds like a lovely bake sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk