PDA

View Full Version : Damaged brain?? Stroke?

daydayday
05-07-18, 17:49
The thing is, I suffer from hypochondria, and lately my limbs have been falling asleep constantly (mostly at night) which keeps me waking up. It happens often in my legs and arms/hands, but once I move it goes away. One day it happened on my lips and I got scared as hell, until I moved it and it went away... I'm afraid this might be signs of a future stroke, but i've never experienced confusion or difficulty talking... is this serious???? I'm a 20 year old girl, I have a good diet, I exercise... Recently I did blood tests and everything was okay... :weep:

Fishmanpa
05-07-18, 18:11
I'm afraid this might be signs of a future stroke

It's just a sign you slept funny :shrug:

Positive thoughts

HullSimplibus
06-07-18, 14:44
The thing is, I suffer from hypochondria, and lately my limbs have been falling asleep constantly (mostly at night) which keeps me waking up. It happens often in my legs and arms/hands, but once I move it goes away. One day it happened on my lips and I got scared as hell, until I moved it and it went away... I'm afraid this might be signs of a future stroke, but i've never experienced confusion or difficulty talking... is this serious???? I'm a 20 year old girl, I have a good diet, I exercise... Recently I did blood tests and everything was okay... :weep:

You either slept funny or you had a migraine in your sleep.

If it was a stroke, you may not have woke up from your sleep at all.

Weakness one one side can sometimes be caused by migraine and it is apart of a migraine aura. I have had it several times before. Though, I don't think it is that, I think you probably just slept on your arm. I have woke up with an arm that's totally numb and floppy before.

I wouldn't worry unless it starts happening out of nowhere in the day :yesyes: