PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinion on a personal health head issue

PJason
06-07-18, 20:33
Hi everyone :D

So, something stupid happen today... i was clearing some stuff i have in my grandmother's house (She died a few years) i was walking with some heavy stuff, misjudged the height of my stuff and the door and i hit my head of some old bricks while i was crouching and walking with heavy stuff... on the top of the door, the first hit was the top of the head in the front, as that isn't enough, i got up in minor pain and hit the second time in back top of my head / skull, made 2 contact point hits in the skull (I'm no artist so i edited this image to show the impact zone)

My current symptoms are: a bit sleepy (almost none but it gave me a bit sleepiness); 3 bumps; a bit minor pain during those 5 seconds; my skull seems some how sore and a bit heavy and some dizziness while bending and looking down (more dizziness then usual while doing the same stuff)

I heard that front and backward acceleration and deceleration are dangerous because the brain hits the skull but in my case it was a vertical hit, so in theory shouldn't the spine shock absorb some hits? so could it be that, in my case the brain never hit the skull? Should i be concerned about this?

Any help or opinion would be appreciated :D

GiantMogwai
06-07-18, 23:22
Personally I'd see doctor to rule out concussion and in the meantime take some paracetamol.

nomorepanic
06-07-18, 23:56
We can't tell you what to do to be honest as we are not doctors. If you are really worried then see someone about it.

PJason
07-07-18, 13:50
Personally I'd see doctor to rule out concussion and in the meantime take some paracetamol.
Thank youGiantMogWai for taking the time to reply to my problem... Today i woke a little better but still with a sore head and probably the heat from the pillows made this worse so i'l use ice to fix this problem... probably going to the doctor is a "no fly zone" option... Thanks for the comment though

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

We can't tell you what to do to be honest as we are not doctors. If you are really worried then see someone about it.
Thank you NoMorePanic for replying to my problem... Sometimes, patients and common individuals make better doctors then the actual doctors... soft skills are a necessary item in all social parameters

GiantMogwai
07-07-18, 14:04
At least look at the symptoms for a concussion and take it easy.

PJason
07-07-18, 16:05
At least look at the symptoms for a concussion and take it easy.
Roger that mate! I will do that... I just need a better opinion... in fact, i didn't know being male and Spanish would be such a repellent element against help from uk people... I Guess i'l be the same as they are in their country... but in my own country ;)

nomorepanic
07-07-18, 16:09
I didn't even look at where you lived so that never came into things. We are not qualified to diagnose medical issues so can only advise you see a doctor if you are worried.

This is a panic and anxiety site not a medical one.

Please don't think that we based our replies on you being Spanish as that is not true.

PJason
07-07-18, 16:14
I didn't even look at where you lived so that never came into things. We are not qualified to diagnose medical issues so can only advise you see a doctor if you are worried.

This is a panic and anxiety site not a medical one.

Please don't think that we based our replies on you being Spanish as that is not true.
I didn't say you are or any of you, i'd just like a opinion about the subject at hand... a opinion about this area of neuroscience more qualified, i'm not a doctor i just know the physics but the thing is... even the physics means nothing when there's chemistry and the complexity of the human body

can't add links so here's the title of the link: Re: Hit my head & now I'm scared!

Just looking for someone who is qualified or has more experience then i do.

Fishmanpa
07-07-18, 16:17
You have several replies and opinions. Those replies and opinions state that no one is qualified to give you an educated opinion and have suggested real life professionals to address your concerns.

Positive thoughts

PJason
07-07-18, 16:23
You have several replies and opinions. Those replies and opinions state that no one is qualified to give you an educated opinion and have suggested real life professionals to address your concerns.

Positive thoughts
Thank you Fishmanpa for taking the time to reply to my problem... I always heard that a opinion is better then none... I'm not in the US where a health problem costs hundreds and if not millions of dollars but i'm just looking for a feedback about the issue at hand... maybe someone here has gone through the same problem as i did (or maybe not) but i appreciate all feedback therefore i appreciate your opinion / comment.

Cheers.

nomorepanic
07-07-18, 17:42
We have a lot of posts about people whacking their heads and not single one has resulted in anything serious so that should reassure you.

Fishmanpa
07-07-18, 17:43
i'm just looking for a feedback about the issue at hand...

The issue at hand is you banged your head and are wondering if you should seek medical help. While I'm not one for paid reassurance, the skull is one tough cookie and you don't really have serious concussion symptoms so the decision truly is yours regardless of anyone's opinion.

Positive thoughts