PDA

View Full Version : Can a kidney infection go unnoticed in a urine sample?

Adam97
06-07-18, 23:26
I went to doctors with lower back pain,groin pain,flank pain signs of a uti and i'm panicking that i have a kidney infection. i had a uring sample and said it was negative, my urine was clear because i drink a lot of water, will the kidney infection go unnoticed?

nomorepanic
07-07-18, 00:00
Can you not ask the doctor this question?

Adam97
07-07-18, 01:14
i forgot to ask this but he said it is back pain and my sample was clear so i don't know :wacko::shrug:

Adam97
08-07-18, 03:08
bump

little.miss.worry
08-07-18, 12:51
I went to doctors with lower back pain,groin pain,flank pain signs of a uti and i'm panicking that i have a kidney infection. i had a uring sample and said it was negative, my urine was clear because i drink a lot of water, will the kidney infection go unnoticed?

If it was just a simple dip test at the doctor's then yes, UTI's, and kidney infections can potentially go unnoticed and come up negative when they're positive. I've had my fair share of them. If you're still in pain go back tomorrow or whenever you can and ask them to send it off for a urine culture because that will pick up anything and everything and if, you do have a UTI or kidney infection, they'll know exactly what bacteria it is and what antibiotics will effectively treat you :) Considering you're in a lot of pain I'm surprised they didn't send it off just in case. But just keep doing what you're doing, drink plenty and take painkillers if it gets a little too much :)

Londonlady
08-07-18, 15:28
I’m not sure but I’ve had a kidney infection before and it was unmistakeable, I could barely walk from the pain! They usually happen quickly and get bad quickly so I think you would know by now if you had one, I ended up in a&e on a Drip! (Was completely fine after antibiotics)

Adam97
08-07-18, 20:04
If it was just a simple dip test at the doctor's then yes, UTI's, and kidney infections can potentially go unnoticed and come up negative when they're positive. I've had my fair share of them. If you're still in pain go back tomorrow or whenever you can and ask them to send it off for a urine culture because that will pick up anything and everything and if, you do have a UTI or kidney infection, they'll know exactly what bacteria it is and what antibiotics will effectively treat you :) Considering you're in a lot of pain I'm surprised they didn't send it off just in case. But just keep doing what you're doing, drink plenty and take painkillers if it gets a little too much :)

thank you, experiencing lower right flank pain atm so i need to go back just incase. need to stop googling keep thinking it's my appendix or my kidney has a n infection and it's going to spread.

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

I’m not sure but I’ve had a kidney infection before and it was unmistakeable, I could barely walk from the pain! They usually happen quickly and get bad quickly so I think you would know by now if you had one, I ended up in a&e on a Drip! (Was completely fine after antibiotics)

right flank pain atm absolute hurts when i breathe in worried it's a kidney infection or my appendix what is going, really is worrying