PDA

View Full Version : Still worried about my eyes :(

HullSimplibus
04-07-18, 03:18
Today when I was out, the sun directly flashed into my vision, and left a yellow bleach there for about 10 minutes, after that normal vision returned.

However, I delved into the internet and Healthline, and it said symptoms of sight loss 'can start up to 12 hours later'..

I was wondering, is this true? Or would it be straight afterwards?

It is nearing 12 hours and I am terrified. I think that I will go blind, despite the fact it was only a brief flash.

Mostu
04-07-18, 07:41
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glare_(vision)#Discomfort_and_disability

Also,

"Floaters can be a normal visual occurrence, especially in the setting of increased light such as when exposed to excessive sunlight."

HullSimplibus
04-07-18, 20:43
But the sun flashed directly into my eyes.

I might have to get an opticians appointment, just so I don't have a breakdown.

Scass
04-07-18, 21:43
No, you’re fine. The sun is shining in everyone’s eyes at the moment. No-one is going blind because of it. It would be bigger than the World Cup in the media if it was.
Sleep and rest those eyes. All this worry causes more strain on them. Just do your best to relax. Buy some sunglasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HullSimplibus
05-07-18, 02:22
Thanks.

But what is getting on to me the sun flashed DIRECTLY on to the centre of my vision. Something caught my attention on the top of an alleyway and it flashed straight towards my eyes.

I have had blurred vision since, but i'm not sure if that's something else or if I am just being silly about it.

Fishmanpa
05-07-18, 02:38
Needless to say your eyes are your fear du jour'. Nothing you feared has happened and you can add this to the growing list or look into why you have this irrational fear and learn to tame it.

Positive thoughts

HullSimplibus
05-07-18, 02:42
Thank you.

Yeah, I should probably try to cope with it.

I feel like I might be imagining it because I have had this type of fear before...

Scass
05-07-18, 07:16
I know it’s hard and I know you’re scared, but some fears are just really pointless. It’s your anxiety that is a problem here, not the sun.

HullSimplibus
05-07-18, 08:19
I know it’s hard and I know you’re scared, but some fears are just really pointless. It’s your anxiety that is a problem here, not the sun.

Yeah.

I think I will just try to live normally, and do things with my life to take my mind off these worries.

Maybe get a pair of sunglasses as well :shades:

Scass
05-07-18, 09:54
Definitely get yourself some sunglasses! If you’re worried about glare, then they can be part of your little toolbox against anxiety.

HullSimplibus
05-07-18, 12:40
Definitely get yourself some sunglasses! If you’re worried about glare, then they can be part of your little toolbox against anxiety.

Indeed I will go to the shops and grab some today :shades::yesyes:

HullSimplibus
06-07-18, 23:47
I posted on here about my eyes a few days ago.

Let me just say again what I am worried about.

A few days ago, something on the top of an alleyway caught my attention, and the sun itself flashed directly on to the centre of my vision for a brief second, leaving a yellow bleach/shadow type thing. It went away after half an hour.

On the thread before, someone said anxiety is the problem not the sun, and that it would be bigger than the World Cup in the media if it was a danger. This put my mind at rest until today, when a new set of symptoms came along.

It started with mild blurred vision, now its flashes, yellow spots that appear now and again, and reading smallprint is A LOT harder than what it used to be.

I told my parents, (i'm 14) and they freaked out, and made an appointment with an optometrist. I am worried what the outcome will be, and also worried that the optometrist will think I am a hypochondriac.

I haven't used Dr Google yet and don't plan to.

nomorepanic
06-07-18, 23:52
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

HullSimplibus
07-07-18, 00:13
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Oh, apologies. I will do this next time. :yesyes:

Scass
07-07-18, 07:07
Hi

Well it’s good that you’ve got an appointment to see about your eyes. Your parents are being responsible, which is just what you need.

Don’t worry about what the optometrist thinks about you, they will be focused on their job.

Whatever the results you will get an answer and if there’s anything wrong you’ll start treatment.

So when is your appointment? I know it’s hard not to worry about the results and the test, but you’ll have your parents with you and you’ll be in safe hands.

HullSimplibus
07-07-18, 22:35
Well it’s good that you’ve got an appointment to see about your eyes. Your parents are being responsible, which is just what you need.

Don’t worry about what the optometrist thinks about you, they will be focused on their job.

Whatever the results you will get an answer and if there’s anything wrong you’ll start treatment.

So when is your appointment? I know it’s hard not to worry about the results and the test, but you’ll have your parents with you and you’ll be in safe hands.

Yeah, I suppose its better having concerned parents than parents who don't care.

My optometrist appointment is on 13th July, so I have plenty of time to battle any anxiety I have about it.