PDA

View Full Version : Heart attack anxiety... advice?

kay1218
07-07-18, 21:48
If i was having a heart attack or heart problems in general would my pulse be weird? Sometimes my hands/arms go numb or tingly or i get pains in them and i can’t help but to automatically assume heart attack, then the more i focus on it the more they feel weird then my heart begins to race and beat heavier.
I am completely and entirely consumed by HA the last 2 months.... i can hardly leave my house, in constantly crying and begging to be taken to a hospital to be checked out but my family constantly tells me it’s just my anxiety and panic disorders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

I should add that I’m only 19 so i am probably not at any actual risk for heart issues but i cannot let the thought go

nomorepanic
07-07-18, 22:30
You are not having a heart attack you have anxiety.

Can you get some help for that.

kay1218
07-07-18, 22:43
You are not having a heart attack you have anxiety.

Can you get some help for that.

Thank you for replying, i often have panic attacks and nearly every time i am afraid it’s a heart problem. I am about 5 minutes post panic attack and I’m beginning to feel better. Still a little anxious ab the heart thing & the arms but i am in less of a panic about it. I am seeing a doctor soon for my anxiety and depression!

nomorepanic
07-07-18, 22:53
Have a read of this it will help:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms

kay1218
07-07-18, 23:05
[QUOTE=nomorepanic;1805146]Have a read of this it will help:

Thank you!! I found this to take a huge weight off of me. Hopefully i can keep these things in mind with my next attack/episode. Although as everyone on this website knows... panic attacks make you entirely irrational. (Also i had to delete the link to reply to this)

kay1218
09-07-18, 03:06
Have a read of this it will help:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms

I am calmer now and had a chance to read through the entire article!! This helped me a lot and I’m hoping my irrational anxiety version of myself doesn’t throw this information out the window next time I’m nervous