PDA

View Full Version : lump in neck

AnxietyGirl30
08-07-18, 07:41
Hi everyone,

I am so scared at the moment, i cant eat and keep being sick from fear.
A few days ago i had a pain in my neck on the right side, it felt tight and hurt when i moved it in a certain way, i started to feel my neck and eventually found what i think is a lump. Its about the size of a bean. It does not hurt when i press on it and can't be seen only felt.
I am so worried it might be something bad :(

kay1218
08-07-18, 07:43
There are some completely harmless reasons you may have a lump on your neck. Although to go with those there are a few more serious one... more than likely it is nothing it close to nothing. Could it be a swollen gland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnxietyGirl30
08-07-18, 07:53
I honestly do not know what it is feels like its on my neck muscle

Many321
08-07-18, 09:39
I'm going through something similar.

Recently I had a shingles outbreak due to stress. During that week I developed pains on the right side of my neck and swallowing issues.

The pains mostly resolved itself though, I have some odd sensations/aches that stay on the right side, it shifts up or down my throat. I've felt the same muscles as you. Nothing. I feel something move when I drink, though that's my inner throat or something since it doesn't feel like a lump. when I drink hot or cold i feel something, though other times nothing. Same with food, I feel something though like yesterday. Nothing.

I freaked out and went with my primary last Thursday since I thought it was my shingles coming up again or some crazy cancer in my throat since I have an ear ache. She checked my ear, felt around my neck, checked my lymph nodes, nothing. She had to calm me down and while she told me it's your anxiety playing games with you.

I have the fear she's wrong, though if it were something wrong, my ears would hurt that I wouldn't sleep, my lymph nodes would be enlarged, and the pains wouldn't be shifting, they stay stationary.

Even if I don't want to believe my primary, I must since she had me checked for other issues before and everything came up to anxiety. Just go to your primary and have them checked you out.

AnxietyGirl30
08-07-18, 10:58
Hi, yeah i want to go to the doctors but because of my extreme HA im always there for something or other, i was literally there 5 days ago about some other issue. The time before that my doctor point blank refused to examine me because she said it was my HA causing my symptoms and i ended up just feeling worse because of it. I will see how i feel tomorrow and then decide if im going to go doctors or not.

AnxietyGirl30
09-07-18, 06:07
Really not coping well at the moment, this lump in my neck is causing me so much anxiety. I’m waking up in cold sweats oetrified and wanting to vomit �� I’m so scared that I have cancer �� just can’t bare it any longer I need to know what is going on.

katniss
09-07-18, 06:29
Probably a lymph node! I have 4 that I can feel on my neck - they flared up at some points in my life probably during vitals and just never went down completely. It’s totally normal! Don’t worry!

Hopefully this incident of the doc refusing to even see you is a reminder of how bad your anxiety is getting NOT how sick you are getting.

AnxietyGirl30
09-07-18, 09:35
I hope that is all it is but obviously I don’t lnow until a doctor examines me.
I’ve had a swollen lymph node before and it went away after 6-8 weeks but this one is bigger than the one I had before and that’s why I’m scared. I don’t even know if it is a lymph node :(

---------- Post added at 09:35 ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 ----------

I managed to get an appointment for 2.50 although its with a doctor i don't particularly like :( just hope i get to the bottom of what it is. Just need some reassurance.

well the doctor i disliked phoned me trying to stop me from coming to the surgery to be checked telling me to wait when ive waited two weeks and im in pain! shes so condescending and acts like im lying about my symptoms really makes my blood boil! She said she thinks i should see my regular gp which is fine by me i didnt want to see her anyway.
I am probably going to be told to return in two weeks most likely but i will feel better knowing its down on the system. I have a constant ache in that area and it feels tight so annoying im not sure if its the lump causing it to hurt.

AnxietyGirl30
09-07-18, 17:46
Hi all,

I went to my appointment and told my doctor about my neck she first asked me if I thought this was anxiety which I said no!
She made me do some different movements with my head to see how it affected my neck. Then she checked my glands I didn’t even mention that I thought I had swollen lymph node I just said I thought it was a muscle knot. She told me my glands are all fine and then said they swell sometimes for unknown reasons and told me she has a big one at the back of her neck that is always there for no reason.
She told me if my neck is still the same or glands got really big I should come back. So I’m happy for now, I still worry but that’s my anxiety I can’t help it.
I’m going to try and not think about it and relax a bit hard with two kids in the house but I’m gonna try anyway.

Scass
09-07-18, 18:12
That’s great news, and I’m so pleased you’re reassured and ready to move forwards.

AnxietyGirl30
10-07-18, 06:22
Woke up feeling quite rubbish, my neck still hurts and the lump is still there and hurts when I press on it :( so fed up of it all and don’t know what to do.

Fishmanpa
10-07-18, 13:18
Woke up feeling quite rubbish, my neck still hurts and the lump is still there and hurts when I press on it :( so fed up of it all and don’t know what to do.

Hi all,

I went to my appointment and told my doctor about my neck she first asked me if I thought this was anxiety which I said no!
She made me do some different movements with my head to see how it affected my neck. Then she checked my glands I didn’t even mention that I thought I had swollen lymph node I just said I thought it was a muscle knot. She told me my glands are all fine and then said they swell sometimes for unknown reasons and told me she has a big one at the back of her neck that is always there for no reason.
She told me if my neck is still the same or glands got really big I should come back. So I’m happy for now, I still worry but that’s my anxiety I can’t help it.
I’m going to try and not think about it and relax a bit hard with two kids in the house but I’m gonna try anyway.

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
10-07-18, 13:41
Nothing to worry about to be honest. Leave it alone cos you will make it sore keeping poking and prodding it.

AnxietyGirl30
10-07-18, 13:45
I know you are probably right but when ive had one thing after another its just getting too much for me mentally. Im trying so hard to carry on normal life and doing what i would usually do but then i get sudden moments of pure panic where i feel like i might faint. Its so horrible

Fishmanpa
10-07-18, 14:26
You were at the doctor YESTERDAY! Surely paid professional reassurance should last longer don't you think? :huh:

POsitive thoughts

AnxietyGirl30
10-07-18, 19:18
Yeah you would think so wouldn’t you :unsure:
I hate my brain! Honestly, if I didn’t have this forum to vent on I thrill I would go insane!! You people are wonderful!
I’m trying to stay calm and positive and reminding myself constantly what the doctor said

AnxietyGirl30
11-07-18, 16:33
Anxiety peaked today :( still worrying, trying so hard to follow therapist rules about not contacting doctor for at least two weeks. Also went out with my partner earlier when I really didn’t feel like it just to be out doing something rather than staying at home worrying.
Supposed to not seek reassurance from him which I hadn’t been but he kept asking what was wrong and in the end I told him. He vaguely knew I was worried about a lump in my neck. I started to cry and made him feel it he said feels like my muscle and I felt his neck it kind of felt the same but I don’t know. Argh HA I hate you!!!

AnxietyGirl30
12-07-18, 14:15
Still feeling awful :(
Wish i knew what this lump was and wish it would go away and leave me alone.
Really want to go see my doctor for reassurance but I’m forcing myself not to! Just so scared I could have something dangerous and I’m dying and nothings being done to help me!

AnxietyGirl30
13-07-18, 08:12
Another day of waking up with fear. I honestly can’t take it and don’t know hom much longer I can go on. Day to day life is unbearable and I hate waking up I just want to stay asleep :( all this because of my stupid neck

AnxietyGirl30
13-07-18, 13:38
Please someone tell me I’m gonna be ok, I’m feeling so down right now and not wanting to be here

Leslie735
13-07-18, 14:57
I understand completely how you feel. I have a lymph node on the left side of my neck down at the base, I discovered it back in January. I flipped out and saw my ENT had an ultrasound. Confirmed it was a node but under a cm so he wasn't worried. I had a follow up scan 3 weeks ago and again ENT wasn't concerned. It's July, still there and just last night while checking it, I feel 2 more near it. No idea if they're new or I missed them before. It's taking everything in me not to panic. I see my ENT again in December to follow up, I know that's far off but it's helping me knowing I have an appointment set and I just had a scan less than a month ago and nothing was mentioned about other nodes.

AnxietyGirl30
13-07-18, 18:25
It’s so frustrating, if I hadn’t had neck pain I would not have known about it and now my neck pain has gone and just left me with this fear about a lumo in my neck :( I just want to know whether I should be concerned about it or not. It’s the unknown that terrifies me.

Leslie735
13-07-18, 19:58
I hear you! I so get it. :( I wish I had magical words to make the fear stop, but I don't. Just know, I completely understand how you feel. It seems every time I start making effort with my anxiety its 10 steps backward.

darthvader
13-07-18, 20:22
Hi all,

thats great news. I recently lost quite a lot of weight and could feel my glands more in my neck...which lead me to worry they were getting bigger or there was a lump that there shouldnt be. So I know exactly how you feel.

Us worriers are a strange breed! :shrug:

AnxietyGirl30
14-07-18, 09:09
I hear you! I so get it. :( I wish I had magical words to make the fear stop, but I don't. Just know, I completely understand how you feel. It seems every time I start making effort with my anxiety its 10 steps backward.

Yeah that’s exactly how I feel, as soon as I start getting on with life again and making progress something new appears it’s so frustrating :(

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

thats great news. I recently lost quite a lot of weight and could feel my glands more in my neck...which lead me to worry they were getting bigger or there was a lump that there shouldnt be. So I know exactly how you feel.

Us worriers are a strange breed! :shrug:

Are you still having these concerns or have you managed to get over them?

AnxietyGirl30
16-07-18, 07:05
My anxiety is really gettin to much now it’s making me so ill and I can’t stop crying. I am terrified I have cancer. Even if I do I just want to know the not knowing is the worst!
I am calling the doctors once they are open to make an appointment because I can’t it anymore :(

Flyingpenguin
16-07-18, 11:46
Hey there,
Greetings from India.
You don't need to worry.
I have 5 palpable lymph nodes in my neck. Over the last 8 months, they have come up. My FNAC (Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology) results just came out today. The report states that my lymph nodes are just reactive nodes which is nothing to worry about.
I have 1 node at 1.2 cm (left posterior cervical)(since last 5 years)(slightly movable, circular), 2 at 0.75 cms (left superficial cervical)(dot shaped, slightly movable) and 1 node at 1cm (right cervical)(movable, circular)and a small node usually comes and goes. I got my right node tested since it had recently come up and was about 1 cm.
What happens in Cancer is that it grows to the size of a golf ball quite fast. You will show extreme symptoms such as DRENCHING night sweats (you will have to change the bed sheets and your clothes), weight loss, red dry rashes and high consistent fever
My suggestion to you is that you show yourself to some other doctor who hasn't seen your nodes yet. Experienced Doctors can tell a cancerous node by it's texture, size and location. In my case I showed myself to 4 doctors who appeared not concerned at all. I still insisted on a FNAC. My FNAC was done just to shut me up. Now that I know that I don't have cancer, I can see that my nodes are smaller than what I really thought.
In your case, the node may be there from an previous infection and must have not gone down (shotty lymph node). My father has several shotty nodes since the last decade.
Regards,
Prabal

AnxietyGirl30
16-07-18, 12:53
Thank you for your reply and it was very reassuring to hear your experience.
I am waiting for my doctor to call me back today as i could not get an appointment, if she feels i need to come in she will let me know.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply.

Londonlady
16-07-18, 13:44
I have one on the right side of my neck it’s just a lymph node that decided not to go back down after my ear infections! I still find myself touching it sometimes but I noticed when I obsessed over it and poked it it got bigger and irritated!

Leave it alone you are fine :)

AnxietyGirl30
16-07-18, 14:42
Thank you for your reply it really means alot and gives me some reassurance :) i just want to know im ok so i can move on and get on with life.

AnxietyGirl30
16-07-18, 19:17
Hi everyone,

So I managed to talk to my gp on the phone and she told me there was nothing for me to be concerned about. She said that only if it got bigger or painful then I should come back to the doctors. I told her I have HA especially over lymph nodes and she said she has loads she can feel in her neck which made me feel relieved. She told me was leaving the practice which was upsetting becasue I will be having a different doctor and I really liked her she is lovely and really helped me so I’m really sad to see her go. I asked her if it would be ok to come into the doctors in a few weeks time just to have a check up because I think it will help me knowing that I have an appointment scheduled rather than me going in every week worrying about something. I don’t think my HA has disappeared as of yet I need to work on it and I really hope by the end of the year I will have made progress.

Flyingpenguin
17-07-18, 15:32
Your GP is absolutely right. No need to worry about the nodes. They are normal.
The point you need to start worrying is when people ask you what's wrong with your neck.
What I did for my HA was cut my Modem connection for a while. I switched my phone to receive 2G only. This way, I could use WhatsApp while I couldn't use the browser.
Should you need any help, feel free to message me.
I know how it feels. I was really tense about my pilot medicals. But now since my nodes are found to be normal, i am carefree.
Regards

AnxietyGirl30
16-08-18, 08:44
Goodmorning everyone, I’m here once again worried about my neck. I’ve seen two different doctors and both have said they are not concerned but I am still oerrified and I am off tot the doctors again today. I feel so sick and scared I just want to be able to get on with life and to stop worrying :( I wake up every morning in a panic and I can’t stand it anymore.

---------- Post added at 08:24 ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 ----------

At the doctors now in the waiting room, I’m next but I feel like I’m goig to pass out I feel so sick and have knots in my tummy :(

---------- Post added at 08:44 ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 ----------

I went to the doctors about lump in neck. He felt it and said it doesn’t feel concerning. He said feels like a lymph node and that all it’s characteristics feel good that’s it’s coffee bean sized, smooth and moves. He said he would be concerned if it didn’t move was really big or jaggy. He said that it should go and that I can come back in another months time if it is still there to have a scan. This kind of worried me a bit when he said that. He said he didn’t think it was cancerous and that’s not what he is worried about he said it would either be scar tissue or a cyst if anything else. I’ve been reassured but the worry is still going to be there just because I have to now wait and see if it goes or not. If it doesn’t then I will probably panic again :( hopefully it will go soon!

Fishmanpa
16-08-18, 12:52
I went to the doctors about lump in neck. He felt it and said it doesn’t feel concerning. He said feels like a lymph node and that all it’s characteristics feel good that’s it’s coffee bean sized, smooth and moves....

I have to now wait and see if it goes or not. If it doesn’t then I will probably panic again :( hopefully it will go soon!

It won't go because it's part of your lymph system. It won't go if you keep poking and prodding it as that will cause it to become shotty. It may always remain the same size (which is NORMAL). Just stating facts.

So get used to it and perhaps get real life help to accept those facts.

Positive thoughts

AnxietyGirl30
16-08-18, 16:26
I am happy with what the doctor said apart from the scan part that’s when I start to think silly things:wacko:

Fishmanpa
16-08-18, 16:30
I am happy with what the doctor said apart from the scan part that’s when I start to think silly things:wacko:

It's called CYA medicine.

Positive thoughts

AnxietyGirl30
19-08-18, 14:37
I’m having a really bad mental health day, constant panic and fear :( my partner is not around and it’s just me at home looking after the children. I don’t like when my partner isn’t here with me I feel very unsafe. I honestly wish the doctor hadn’t mentioned the scan and had just said I’m ok and off you go. But this whole scan suggestion is worrying me immensely :( I feel like I’m never going to get out of this spiral of fear. I feel like I’m not living life I’m just existing, I can’t look forward to anything and it’s so sad and depressing this is not the type of mum I want to be. With all this stuff hovering over me I can’t be the best version of myself and destroying me :(

AnxietyGirl30
21-08-18, 15:11
I honestly want to cut my own hands off! I can't stop touching and feeling my neck! why am i doing this to myself is it some sort of OCD?

Shadowhawk
21-08-18, 15:18
I honestly want to cut my own hands off! I can't stop touching and feeling my neck! why am i doing this to myself is it some sort of OCD?

In speaking to my therapist (and from basic research), the answer is yes.. heath anxiety (and general anxiety disorder in general) can be a form/manifestation of OCD. You may also find you have other OCD aspects in your life (i realized i had a few when first approaching my issues), and this is one way people display it. That's not to say it always is, but they are commonly linked, and worth making a note of for your therapy (you are working with help, right? :shades:)

AnxietyGirl30
21-08-18, 16:53
In speaking to my therapist (and from basic research), the answer is yes.. heath anxiety (and general anxiety disorder in general) can be a form/manifestation of OCD. You may also find you have other OCD aspects in your life (i realized i had a few when first approaching my issues), and this is one way people display it. That's not to say it always is, but they are commonly linked, and worth making a note of for your therapy (you are working with help, right? :shades:)

My therapy came to an end and I wasn’t offered anything else so I’m on my own dealing with this crap! So fed up of it, it makes me feel so angry!

AnxietyGirl30
22-08-18, 08:45
I just want to congratulate myself by poking and prodding my neck that I’ve now felt another pea sized lump yay! Just what I wanted! What did I expect really...
Fed up of this crap!

AnxietyGirl30
24-08-18, 12:37
So I’m still worried about my neck because of course my lump is still there and now I’ve felt others :( also got a letter through today for my cervical screening :( argh so much anxiety and worry now. I’ve had cervical screenings before as it’s standard every 3 years in the uk once a woman turns 25 and they have always come back fine but with my anxiety I’m scared about it, never was before. It’s not the actual screening I’m bothered about it’s the two week wait!

AnxietyGirl30
26-08-18, 10:47
I am so fed up with worrying all the time, I can’t remever the last time I woke up without feeling pure panic and fear :( I can’t enjoy any aspects of my life and it’s so upsetting and depressing. All I think about all day is my stupid neck and the nodes I can feel in it. I just want to be happy and not have to think about them but I can’t stop because every little ache I get in my neck just reminds me of them and it’s driving me mad. I just want the worry to stop so I can have a normal life

hazelbritt
26-08-18, 10:55
Hi anxietygirl30,

I can relate to your feelings of frustration and helplessness with the panic and fear. I have been struggling with health anxiety for a long time, 20 years or so) but the last two years have been particularly bad for me. Last night I found what looks like a visible lump on the side of my neck. And even though I was at the doctors on Wednesday (for a different issue) and she felt my neck and didn't seem worried about anything, I have been wrestling with fear and trying not to continually check it. I have a follow up appointment with my doctor on Wednesday this week to get the results of some bloodwork she took. I will mention it to her then, and for now I am trying to forget about it. So difficult.

AnxietyGirl30
26-08-18, 18:33
Yes health anxiety has to be one of the worst things I’ve ever experienced in my life it’s so life destroying. I honestly don’t find joy in life anymore it’s so sad, I hate waking up in the morning because I only find peace from it when I’m asleep. I just want my life back but with all this neck stuff going on I don’t see how that is possible.
Good luck with your appointment on Wednesday I hope all goes well for you and you get some reassurance. I doubt you have anything to worry about concerning your neck :)

hazelbritt
26-08-18, 20:20
It really is a beast. I hear what you are saying about sleep being your only relief. I often will go to bed early or take naps just so I can escape my own thoughts.

AnxietyGirl30
27-08-18, 13:08
I literally feel like I’m going insane! About 3 days ago I ate spicy crisps and the next day I woke up to a little blister on the tip of my tongue that was sore. The blister isn’t really there anymore but I feel like the tip of my tongue on one side is more raised then the other side like it has a slight bump. There is no pain anymore that stopped yesterday but now I’m scared I have some sort of tongue cancer :( could that be possible from a tongue blister I got from spicy crisps :(

SetYourMindFree
27-08-18, 19:44
So let me get clarification, you have tiny pea sized lumps in your neck that you feel are sinister?

AnxietyGirl30
27-08-18, 20:30
So let me get clarification, you have tiny pea sized lumps in your neck that you feel are sinister?

Coffee bean sized according to my doctor. Tbh that’s not my major worry right now I’m petrified over my tongue.

SetYourMindFree
27-08-18, 20:59
Coffee bean sized according to my doctor. Tbh that’s not my major worry right now I’m petrified over my tongue.

I'm not worried about either. Canker sores are common on the tongue and in the mouth in general.

AnxietyGirl30
28-08-18, 07:25
I'm not worried about either. Canker sores are common on the tongue and in the mouth in general.

No it’s not a canker sore I’ve had those before and know what they look like. The tip of my tongue on one side is swollen.

hazelbritt
28-08-18, 08:39
No it’s not a canker sore I’ve had those before and know what they look like. The tip of my tongue on one side is swollen.

It really sounds like you've just irritated your tongue with spicy food. Try to breathe and think about it rationally.

AnxietyGirl30
28-08-18, 09:15
It really sounds like you've just irritated your tongue with spicy food. Try to breathe and think about it rationally.

I know I keep telling myself that the crisps I ate caused my tongue to be irritated but the stupid anxiety is telling me something else it’s so annoying. I called the doctors and received a callback. I told the doctor about my tongue and also my worries she told me she isn’t concerned and that it does not sound like cancer. She said if I’m still worried I can go back next week. So I guess all I can do is wait and see and try and feel some reassurance from the doctor. Sometimes when I look at my tongue it seems ok but then other times it looks swollen, my mind is very confused about it and it’s draining me. Also have lymph nodes I can feel doesn’t help because then I start connecting all these things together! HA is so frustrating exhausting.

hazelbritt
28-08-18, 10:28
I know I keep telling myself that the crisps I ate caused my tongue to be irritated but the stupid anxiety is telling me something else it’s so annoying. I called the doctors and received a callback. I told the doctor about my tongue and also my worries she told me she isn’t concerned and that it does not sound like cancer. She said if I’m still worried I can go back next week. So I guess all I can do is wait and see and try and feel some reassurance from the doctor. Sometimes when I look at my tongue it seems ok but then other times it looks swollen, my mind is very confused about it and it’s draining me. Also have lymph nodes I can feel doesn’t help because then I start connecting all these things together! HA is so frustrating exhausting.

Try to limit the amount of times that you are checking your tongue and your neck. I know that it's harder than it sounds but I think it is important. I am doing this myself right now. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and even though I found what looks like a swollen area in my neck on Saturday night, I am forcing myself to ignore it until Wednesday morning when I see the doctor. The more you check, the more you panic. Chances are by next week, your tongue will have completely returned to normal

AnxietyGirl30
28-08-18, 10:40
Try to limit the amount of times that you are checking your tongue and your neck. I know that it's harder than it sounds but I think it is important. I am doing this myself right now. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and even though I found what looks like a swollen area in my neck on Saturday night, I am forcing myself to ignore it until Wednesday morning when I see the doctor. The more you check, the more you panic. Chances are by next week, your tongue will have completely returned to normal

Yeah it is hard to not check :( I’m trying to ignore until next week. Hope everything goes well with your appointment.

Opethfan053
28-08-18, 23:08
I'm going through something similar with my neck. I don't think it's lymph nodes but it's a dull pain on the ride side of my throat/neck that comes and goes. It's not excruciating. I also cannot stop poking and prodding around. It's been bothering me for about 2 and a half weeks now. I think my lymph nodes are swollen now as well because of all of the touching and pushing and pressing. I'm a smoker too so my dreaded c word scare is off the charts. Most people can't stop going to the doctor when it comes to anxiety. I'm the opposite.

SetYourMindFree
29-08-18, 03:10

Then it could be a lie bump. Either way it sounds nothing like cancer.

AnxietyGirl30
29-08-18, 12:11
Then it could be a lie bump. Either way it sounds nothing like cancer.

Thank you that’s what I thought too also my teeth cause indents on my tongue making the sides of my tongue go in which I’m thinking is making it look like there is a bump because when I make my teeth not lie on my tongue it seems to go back to it’s normal sharpe so I don’t know it’s a confusing one. The colouring and texture of the tongue look normal. I will still get a check next week on it because I have to go doctors anyway but I’m going to keep myself calm for now :) thank you for replying

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

I'm going through something similar with my neck. I don't think it's lymph nodes but it's a dull pain on the ride side of my throat/neck that comes and goes. It's not excruciating. I also cannot stop poking and prodding around. It's been bothering me for about 2 and a half weeks now. I think my lymph nodes are swollen now as well because of all of the touching and pushing and pressing. I'm a smoker too so my dreaded c word scare is off the charts. Most people can't stop going to the doctor when it comes to anxiety. I'm the opposite.

Poking and prodding are the worst things you can do just leave it alone. I prodded and poked mine so much I made more come up :( which then just increases my anxiety. If you are an anxiety sufferer then that’s probably why you are getting the pain because I know I do.

Opethfan053
29-08-18, 15:58
I try not to but my health anxiety takes control of me and I have a hard time refraining from doing so. I've read that acid reflux can also give out this kind of pain and I do notice my stomach has been a bit firey lately if you want to call it that. Silent reflux is a leading cause in this as well.

My old self would have no problem going to the doctor to see what the issue is. This anxiety sufferer I have become is deathly terrified of the Doctor now. I have hypertension and I get nervous when I go for checkups on that as well. I've had panic attacks in the Doctor's office too which also keeps me from going.

I had acid reflux before and it went away years ago. Anxiety/stress causes it as well and my anxiety has been through the roof even before I started getting these symptoms. I can pinpoint the exact moment this started happening which was while I was eating an apple.

AnxietyGirl30
29-08-18, 20:58
I try not to but my health anxiety takes control of me and I have a hard time refraining from doing so. I've read that acid reflux can also give out this kind of pain and I do notice my stomach has been a bit firey lately if you want to call it that. Silent reflux is a leading cause in this as well.

My old self would have no problem going to the doctor to see what the issue is. This anxiety sufferer I have become is deathly terrified of the Doctor now. I have hypertension and I get nervous when I go for checkups on that as well. I've had panic attacks in the Doctor's office too which also keeps me from going.

I had acid reflux before and it went away years ago. Anxiety/stress causes it as well and my anxiety has been through the roof even before I started getting these symptoms. I can pinpoint the exact moment this started happening which was while I was eating an apple.

Yeah it takes over me too! I’m the opposite with the doctors though I go there for every little thing. When I look back at some of the reasons I’ve gone it’s ridiculous like having a simple spot!!! I was last at the doctors a week ago and now I’m gonna be going again because I’m desperate for reasuarcane even though I spoke to a doctor yesterday :( it’s so annoying

AnxietyGirl30
31-08-18, 19:48
I’m getting to a point now where I don’t care if there is something wrong with me r I’m going to die because I’m just so exhausted with feeling like this. I’m tired and I just want to let go and be left alone in peace without these horrible thoughts nagging me all day long! My tongue is annoying me, my lymph nodes worry me so maybe I have oral cancer or lymphoma I don’t care anymore. I’m tired.

epistore
31-08-18, 19:55
I’m getting to a point now where I don’t care if there is something wrong with me r I’m going to die because I’m just so exhausted with feeling like this. I’m tired and I just want to let go and be left alone in peace without these horrible thoughts nagging me all day long! My tongue is annoying me, my lymph nodes worry me so maybe I have oral cancer or lymphoma I don’t care anymore. I’m tired.

I understand perfectly, I'm tired too, and I don't know how I can get out of this hole anymore.

AnxietyGirl30
31-08-18, 20:20
Things are just going from bad to worse for me. I have now felt a hard bone like lump on my bottom gum in the front side of my teeth on the right. I give up I honestly do I can’t take anymore. I don’t even have a dentist.

AnxietyGirl30
31-08-18, 23:28
My HA is through the roof right now, I have just found a hard bony lump on the bottom of my mouth in the front of my teeth on the gum :( I’m so scared and can’t do nothing about it until Monday I’m not even registered with a dentists because I’m scared of them :( the first thing that has popped into my head is cancer. I’m trying not to worry but I’ve had so much crap lately I can’t take another bad thing happening to me. It’s my little girls birthday next week too so this is going to ruin it for me I’m so fed up of this constant worry of what is going to kill me this week!

nomorepanic
31-08-18, 23:32
Are you sure it hasn't always been there?

Don't let HA rule you life take control of it.

Fishmanpa
31-08-18, 23:35
Well, at least you're not worried about the harmless lump in your neck anymore (sorry if I reminded you) :winks:

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
31-08-18, 23:35
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

AnxietyGirl30
01-09-18, 00:04
Well, at least you're not worried about the harmless lump in your neck anymore (sorry if I reminded you) :winks:

Positive thoughts

Also worried about that lol but the fact it hasn’t gotten any bigger I’m not as bothered

---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Are you sure it hasn't always been there?

Don't let HA rule you life take control of it.

Honestly don’t know.

nomorepanic
01-09-18, 00:05
Well I would ignore it then and get some help with the HA for now.

AnxietyGirl30
01-09-18, 09:11
Well I would ignore it then and get some help with the HA for now.

Lol I don’t think I should ignore it! I’m goign to the dentist to have it checked out

AnxietyGirl30
02-09-18, 07:40
I feel so scared this morning feel like I want to be sick, I’m so scared about this hard lump and not knowing what it is :( I can’t take having all these things wrong with me it’s not fair

Fishmanpa
02-09-18, 16:08
I feel so scared this morning feel like I want to be sick, I’m so scared about this hard lump and not knowing what it is :( I can’t take having all these things wrong with me it’s not fair

Sadly, as your thread will affirm, you do know exactly what's going on because medical professionals have examined you and told you you're fine.

I went to my appointment and told my doctor about my neck she first asked me if I thought this was anxiety which I said no! She made me do some different movements with my head to see how it affected my neck. Then she checked my glands I didn’t even mention that I thought I had swollen lymph node I just said I thought it was a muscle knot. She told me my glands are all fine and then said they swell sometimes for unknown reasons and told me she has a big one at the back of her neck that is always there for no reason. She told me if my neck is still the same or glands got really big I should come back. So I’m happy for now, I still worry but that’s my anxiety I can’t help it. I’m going to try and not think about it and relax a bit hard with two kids in the house but I’m gonna try anyway.

That said, you're correct in that it's not fair. It's not fair that anxiety can make you believe you're ill when it's medically proven otherwise.

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

AnxietyGirl30
02-09-18, 16:32
Sadly, as your thread will affirm, you do know exactly what's going on because medical professionals have examined you and told you you're fine.

That said, you're correct in that it's not fair. It's not fair that anxiety can make you believe you're ill when it's medically proven otherwise.

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

No actually nobody has examined my gum yet I have not been to a dentist. I am calling tomorrow. The lump is hard and bony on my gum in front of my lower teeth. I can feel a slight bump on the other side but this one is much bigger than it and I don’t know if it’s always been there or not.

Fishmanpa
02-09-18, 16:45
No actually nobody has examined my gum yet I have not been to a dentist. I am calling tomorrow. The lump is hard and bony on my gum in front of my lower teeth. I can feel a slight bump on the other side but this one is much bigger than it and I don’t know if it’s always been there or not.

Sorry... I didn't follow that you've moved on from your neck to something else.

"Told Ya So Gang" on standby :winks:

Positive thoughts

AnxietyGirl30
02-09-18, 17:20
Sorry... I didn't follow that you've moved on from your neck to something else.

"Told Ya So Gang" on standby :winks:

Positive thoughts

Lol!! Yes I have unfortunately I’m hoping it’s just bone but because I’ve never felt it before I’m worried

AnxietyGirl30
03-09-18, 09:02
I got a dentist appointment for Wednesday! I feel a bit relieved now I know I will be seeing someone about my worry. I could have went today but I want my partner with me and he is at work today I don’t think I could cope on my own without having a panic attack. I just hope I am ok.

AnxietyGirl30
04-09-18, 07:38
Good morning all,

I am really dragging myself into a deep depression with my health anxiety and worries. I don't know what is real anymore and what is not, i don't know when i should be seeking medical help and when i don't need to.

Currently i have two major worries, the first being a hard bony lump on my gum. Is this something to worry about? I have no idea because i don't know if its always been there or something that has cropped up. I only discovered it through self checking otherwise i would not have been aware of it which leads me to believe that is not harming me because surely i would have know about it by now.

My second worry is lymph nodes like so many other people on here it is a great fear of mine, i have one on the right side of my neck, coffee bean sized according to my doctor. I don't know if i need to worry about it, my doctor says he is not concerned but then on the other hand he said, "come back in a month if its still there and we can get a scan" this freaked me out and has led me to believe that there could possibly be something wrong. I have had it 2 months now and it hasn't changed in size surely that is positive. I have had a lymph node come up before and was never offered a scan so why am i being offered one now? The other node eventually went down after about 3 months.

I feel like i'm in limbo with all this never knowing what to do, i just want definite answers. I don't want to be told wait and see, i need to know now so i can move on with my life without this constant worry in the back of my mind.

This is ruining my life, i am a 31 year old woman with a partner and 2 kids i should be enjoying life and living but i'm not i'm just existing right now. I have had CBT it did not work for me unfortunately so what is the next step? medication? I feel my issues are deeper then this, i feel a need to see a psychiatrist because i have this belief that i do not deserve happiness, that something bad is bound to happen me, i am afraid to be happy. I just want to be able to understand why i am this way!

AnxietyGirl30
04-09-18, 22:06
I have the dentists tomorrow and I’m scared :( I keep feeling lumps and bumps and don’t know if they are supposed to be there or not. I literally hate my own body I don’t want to be in it anymore because it frightens me. I honestly feel I would be better off dead because living like this is hell.

AnxietyGirl30
05-09-18, 08:43
I’m so scared and I know I have oral cancer, I have a hard lump that I have felt in the floor of my mouth deep down and I can’t feel the same thing on the other side so this with the fact I can feel my lymph node is making me believe I must have oral cancer. I can’t take it anymore i just want to know if I’m ok!! I’m going to the dentist later and I hope they can help me because I think I will end my life

AnxietyGirl30
05-09-18, 13:21
Hello everyone, I thought I would give an update for n my visit to the dentist. The dentist checked the lumps I was concerned about and told me they were bone, he took an X-ray and said here was nothing there concerning. He said if I notice changes or it ever becomes painful then to come back and he will have me referred.
He then checked my teeth and convinced me into getting a filling and teeth cleaned lol not what I went in for. But I have to say my teeth do look lovely and clean.

Fishmanpa
05-09-18, 13:26
The dentist checked the lumps I was concerned about and told me they were bone

https://media.giphy.com/media/RQDEZNuHP1LTG/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

AnxietyGirl30
05-09-18, 13:32
https://media.giphy.com/media/RQDEZNuHP1LTG/giphy.gif

Positive thoughts

I know thank you! You don’t seem to ever get things wrong :)

epistore
05-09-18, 13:37
I'm happy for you, I'm still in my saga. My lymph node does not decrease.

AnxietyGirl30
05-09-18, 14:08
I'm happy for you, I'm still in my saga. My lymph node does not decrease.

Thank you :)
I have lymph node too on my right neck for 2 months it hasn’t decreased. Stays the same size. The doctor said he is not concerned, he has offered me a scan if I want it, I may go back and get one but for now I’m not overly concerned.
I think you really don’t need to worry, look how many people on here have nodes they can feel and none of them have anything wrong.

epistore
05-09-18, 14:12
But I do not think yours is protuberant correct? and probably yours are those small the size of a correct pea?

AnxietyGirl30
05-09-18, 14:27
Mine is about the size of coffee bean, I can only feel it with my fingers, I can not see it. I have one the other side of my neck also.

epistore
05-09-18, 14:29
You saw exactly these are normal, mine is making me terrified you saw the photo in the other post measures 1.7cm x 0.6cm according to the ultrasound.

AnxietyGirl30
05-09-18, 14:50
But if you have been told there are no concerns, then what is it that is concerning you? Are you worried because you can see it? I know many people have nodes that can be seen and they are fine.

epistore
05-09-18, 14:55
Exactly I'm worried because it has a lump, even in the ultrasound it showed a lymph node on the other side of almost the same size and I'm not afraid because it does not appear.

AnxietyGirl30
05-09-18, 15:49
When was the last time you had it checked?
A lot of people have palpable nodes. It’s not uncommon

epistore
05-09-18, 17:04
When was the last time you had it checked?
A lot of people have palpable nodes. It’s not uncommon

I checked them 15 minutes ago. BECAUSE?

AnxietyGirl30
05-09-18, 18:54
I checked them 15 minutes ago. BECAUSE?

Sorry i meant checked by a medical professional?

epistore
05-09-18, 19:00
About 15 days ago, and he told me it may take a day, a week, a month, six months to leave. There is no rule.

AnxietyGirl30
05-09-18, 19:26
About 15 days ago, and he told me it may take a day, a week, a month, six months to leave. There is no rule.

There you go then. Why are you not taking reassurance by this. If there was anything to worry about yesterday u would be sent off to a hospital and would be having all sorts of tests! I’m sure you have spoken to fishmanpa about your concerns and he is a cancer survivor and knows what is what!

epistore
05-09-18, 20:19
Which drives me crazy and look in the mirror and see the relief on the skin, so that's why I'm in this anxious state.

AnxietyGirl30
09-09-18, 11:54
Hi everybody,

I have a dilemma regarding the node in my neck. When I went to my doctor he said it didn’t feel concerning and told me the characteristics of what he would find concerning. My node is still present and has been there for 2 months now with no change and isn’t bothering me or causing any pain. However my doctor said if it’s still there I can have a scan. I don’t know whether I should go back to the doctors and get one or not :( does he feel I need one that’s why he told me to come back I’m very confused and don’t know what to do I just want an end to the whole thing so I can get on with life!

AnxietyGirl30
10-09-18, 07:56
Anyone give me some kid of advice? Think I will return to the doctors tomorrow to get this sorted as I don’t know what to do for the best :(

Scass
10-09-18, 10:24
From experience, some doctors are led by you. So if your doctor really wanted you to have a scan he would have recommended it. He’s leaving you with an option, so if you think you’re going to continue to worry, then as stressful as it might be, you should get the scan.

AnxietyGirl30
10-09-18, 11:59
I wasnt stressed until he mentioned the word scan lol! If he hadn’t of suggested it I would have been fine lol. I might just go back just to reconfirm what he actually meant.. if he says he’s not worried and I don’t need it then I’m fine with that.

Fishmanpa
10-09-18, 13:11
It was for your reassurance. Two months and ten pages + no change = no issue.

Positive thoughts

AnxietyGirl30
10-09-18, 13:24
Thank you fishmanpa. That is what I thought but stupid anxiety tells me otherwise, it’s very frustrating!

AnxietyGirl30
11-09-18, 08:57
I called the doctors this morning and she suggested that because my doctor did advise to come back in a month if the lump was still there that I should come back and see him so I have to wait for an appointment. She said it probably isn’t anything sinister and that having a scan doesn’t mean it is either so not to worry. I’m still worried unfortunately I just want the whole thing to be finished with.

epistore
11-09-18, 17:02
It was for your reassurance. Two months and ten pages + no change = no issue.

Positive thoughts

Fish;

your message so will that also be valid for me ?. but my topic has nine pages, but my lymph node is 2 months without changes.

Blue23Blent
11-09-18, 17:05
VICTORY!

I'm the same. I had a HA issue back in 2012 where I had a massive lump on my lower back which I thought was cancerous. I freaked out and it was the worst! It healed up and everything was okay and I never really had an issue until I had this mucocele in my inner lip and began googling about throat cancer and HPV and all this stuff.

Now I have massive HA about it all and want to go back to the ENT to have him check again to make sure nothing is growing or something.

I did ask the doctor about HPV and she said she didn't see anything. I asked my ENT to scope me and he said everything looks good if anything acid reflux.

I'm still struggling and having dry throat and feeling like something is there but I have a fear of misdiagnosing and all this stuff.

HA comes and goes. But this HA bout has stayed cause my symptoms have stayed.

I should just go on a vacation forever!

AnxietyGirl30
11-09-18, 17:22
You have had thorough check, I’ve only been checked by a doctors hand not been sent for scans or tests that’s why I’m freqked out because he mentioned scan if he said all is ok go away I would have been happy. As soon as I’m told come back in a month that’s when I freak the hell out and then to say go for a scan I just about want to pass out with fear. If you have had tests and scans you are fine!!

epistore
11-09-18, 18:23
You have had thorough check, I’ve only been checked by a doctors hand not been sent for scans or tests that’s why I’m freqked out because he mentioned scan if he said all is ok go away I would have been happy. As soon as I’m told come back in a month that’s when I freak the hell out and then to say go for a scan I just about want to pass out with fear. If you have had tests and scans you are fine!!

Well, you're exactly like me, he told me to come back the same after the exams and he left me worried. But I did not go back, because the other doctor I was told could take months to get back to normal. But my anxiety every time I move and look in the mirror continues it makes me scared.

AnxietyGirl30
12-09-18, 07:36
I’m getting so fed up! I can’t go a week without a new problem coming up. Yesterday evening I started getting a bruised like feeling on my tongue I had a look and could see nothing just could feel pain. This morning pain still there I had a look and can’t see that much apart from maybe a little sore but can’t really tell if it’s not. It doesn’t sting like an ulcer does it’s a sore bruised feeling. Why do I keep getting thee things constantly :(