PDA

View Full Version : Would a dentist have noticed this?

kroppb
08-07-18, 12:02
I have become really obsessed with things in my mouth. First it was the tonsils that turned out to be alright but now I am spiraling down with my mucous membranes in my mouth.

I went to see a dentist a month ago since my previous checkup was some three years ago. This one was a thorough checkup: teeth, cheeks, pharynx and the tongue. The only things the dentist pointed out were some slight inflammation and that I need to floss more frequently.

He just told me to brush the inflamed tooth more thoroughly and start flossing daily. I have done so since BUT at the same time, I developed an obsession with checking my mouth daily and paying attention the smallest of things!

I noticed a 2mm bump, looks like a really smooth wart on the roof of my mouth. Actually it does not look like a wart, it's just sized and shaped like that. Hard to explain. I poked it with my finger nail and it started bleeding. Then I got scared and poked it harder and I think the whole mass fell of to my throat and went down or something. Now there is just a scar there but I am really anxious that I scraped of something sinister, such as a tumor. I am really anxiously waiting for it to grow back. I am convinced it will eventually. If it does, I don't know what to do because in case it does come back, the C cells could have spread.

Other symptoms I have noticed include some red patches on my cheeks, in the middle. I think I have just bitten my cheeks but I am not so sure anymore.

The biggest thing in my mouth making me anxious is some kinda yellow fungus looking stuff on my cheek mucous just around the area where my upper teeth are. I am scared it's related to the little bump like the bump is a sign of something sinister that has lowered my immunity to fungal infections...

I am 20 and I have never smoked and drink just a few beers a year (basically not drinking at all). I used to have quite bad oral hygiene when in middle school but those times have not reflected to my teeth, they are in good condition. BUT I am scared these things (oral C) could be caused my HPV. Haven't been tested so I don't know if I have it. I haven't had oral sex but I am scared I have got it in my mouth via other means like touching the faucet at a public rest room and then from there transferring it to my mouth somehow. Studies show that's nearly impossible but there are cases where people have gotten it without sex.