PDA

View Full Version : This is SO very annoying..ears

Charlottie
30-07-07, 22:36
Just, well about 10 minutes ago, the voices on my TV started sounding weird. Like underneath the normal voice pitch I could hear it lower, but it sounds like a computerised voice. I thought it was just the TV but then I spoke and it sounded exactly the same. I then started feeling slightly dizzy which I think was just the panic because I thought something was happening to my brain.

Now I can hear like a low rumbling noise in my ears that only disappears when I yawn or swallow. And my ears feel kind of blocked again.
And both ears hurt from time to time.

Yesterday my right ear felt very blocked and I had earache, and right now I've got a cold. So I, and my mom, think it may just be congestion from my cold.

But it's freaking me out, especially since everyone sounds like robots and I have a phobia of them as it is!

Please help someone, have you had it before? :(

nomorepanic
30-07-07, 23:32
I have this too!

I have to pop my ears to hear. I went to docs and he checked ears and said they were fine and to use a steam inhaler and some decongestant oils to help.

I get it every time I eat - weird isn't it?

Nothing to worry about and do try the steam inhaler.

Charlottie
30-07-07, 23:43
I will, thanks!

Sorry I keep popping up with random posts like this. I only get hit with my anxiety every so often and every time I turn to this forum.

nomorepanic
30-07-07, 23:58
Hey it isn't a problem ok - that is why we are here! To help and support.

Charlottie
31-07-07, 00:00

mirry
31-07-07, 08:19
Sounds like the eustation tubes (spelling ???)

They run from the ear to the back of the throat and get sollen and congested if you have a cold or allergy,my gp told me to inhale steam 3 times a day and use decongestants for 7days only, also to pinch the nose and blow hard to help the ears pop. Sometimes the tube can dysfunction giving you problems constantly.

angie3077
31-07-07, 16:10
Hi, I have to agree with the other posts, probably down to your cold and being congested. I suffer with dizziness all the time and they think its a problem with my inner ear as when they look into my ears they are always clear! Also have you got water in your ears recently (bath/shower/swimming) as I notice I get alot of my problematic symptoms with my ears after doing either of those things??? I know your can get ear putty to stop water going in your ears if that helps?

Angie x