PDA

View Full Version : No one I’ll take me to the hospital

kay1218
08-07-18, 23:21
My heart is pounding and i feel so dizzy and lightheaded!!! I feel like I’m going to pass out!! No one in my family will take me seriously because of my anxiety but i really really feel like i need to go to the hospital

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nomorepanic
08-07-18, 23:23
You are panicking so need to do some deep and slow breathing.

ServerError
08-07-18, 23:24
If you're that sure, why aren't you calling an ambulance?

It's because you know what's really wrong.

nomorepanic
08-07-18, 23:26
read this:
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/panicattack#If_You_Are_having_A_Panic_attack_NOW

nomorepanic
08-07-18, 23:28
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Fishmanpa
08-07-18, 23:32
If you're that sure, why aren't you calling an ambulance?

It's because you know what's really wrong.

I agree. You've posted 5 threads in three days and they illustrate someone in severe mental distress :weep: You also mention in every thread "I’m 19 so the likelyhood of something being seriously wrong is low".

You're definitely exhibiting panic attack symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/panicattack) and from what you said, it started with smoking some pot. Perhaps instead of asking to go to the hospital, you can ask for professional help with your anxiety.

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

kay1218
08-07-18, 23:57
I agree. You've posted 5 threads in three days and they illustrate someone in severe mental distress :weep: You also mention in every thread "I’m 19 so the likelyhood of something being seriously wrong is low".

You're definitely exhibiting panic attack symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/panicattack) and from what you said, it started with smoking some pot. Perhaps instead of asking to go to the hospital, you can ask for professional help with your anxiety.

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

I am seeing a doctor Tuesday but i feel as though I’m going to die before then. My heart is beating so hard, my chest feels funny, my arms are numb/tingly, My legs feel unstable and shaky to walk on, i feel as though I’m going to pass out, i just feel like I’d feel better if i went to the hospital they can either find what’s wrong or prove to me that nothing is wrong

nomorepanic
09-07-18, 00:03
You are not going to die!

Did you read the link I sent and try some deep breathing.

You are PANICKING and nothing more

Fishmanpa
09-07-18, 00:06
I am seeing a doctor Tuesday but i feel as though I’m going to die before then. My heart is beating so hard, my chest feels funny, my arms are numb/tingly, My legs feel unstable and shaky to walk on, i feel as though I’m going to pass out, i just feel like I’d feel better if i went to the hospital they can either find what’s wrong or prove to me that nothing is wrong

You're on an anxiety website instead of the ER so what does that tell you?

Read the links, listen to Nic. Feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

kay1218
09-07-18, 02:18
You are not going to die!

Did you read the link I sent and try some deep breathing.

You are PANICKING and nothing more

Thank you for reaching out!! I am absolutely freaking out and have been all day. No one will take me and I’m only freaking out more because of that. I know that i am being irrational but i can’t shake this feeling of “what if I’m not” “what if something is actually wrong and no one will take me” “what if i die because no one would take my symptoms seriously” my biggest fear is ill one day die because something is extremely wrong and everyone passes it off as panic

kay1218
09-07-18, 07:11
A little update for anyone wondering...

I am now out if that panic attack but i still an finding myself absolutely obsessed with checking my pulse and self assessing to see if anything is wrong. I have a pain in my left arm which I’m trying to remain calm and tell myself it’s just a normal arm pain but then followed with the excessive pulse checking i am not sure that it’s just a normal arm pain... not sure how i can take myself away from this constant scare of a heart attack or heart problems...

I also want to say I’m sorry for the excessive posting... I’m not new to anxiety or panic disorder but this flare up is the worst I’ve ever had and I’m struggling terribly.

GiantMogwai
09-07-18, 10:27
Hang in there Kay. Excessive pulse checking happens with this sort of thing. I got myself one of those finger monitors that measures pulse and oxygen. Gives me reassurance every now and then. Use it rarely now but loads in the past. Try not to worry about your heart too much. Heart rate goes faster for all sorts of things including anxiety and having a cold. Try using something to help you stay grounded. In my case I hold onto a little wooden cross when I sleep, and used to carry a nice pebble in my pocket to help self soothe when I needed it. Also, have an action plan agreed with parents if you do pass out. I have one here at work. They will help to calm me down as it's probably panic but if after a certain time I'm unresponsive they'll call an ambulance. A straight forward hypothetical plan can help with peace of mind. Also remember you're seeing the doctor real soon. :)

kay1218
09-07-18, 11:38
Hang in there Kay. Excessive pulse checking happens with this sort of thing. I got myself one of those finger monitors that measures pulse and oxygen. Gives me reassurance every now and then. Use it rarely now but loads in the past. Try not to worry about your heart too much. Heart rate goes faster for all sorts of things including anxiety and having a cold. Try using something to help you stay grounded. In my case I hold onto a little wooden cross when I sleep, and used to carry a nice pebble in my pocket to help self soothe when I needed it. Also, have an action plan agreed with parents if you do pass out. I have one here at work. They will help to calm me down as it's probably panic but if after a certain time I'm unresponsive they'll call an ambulance. A straight forward hypothetical plan can help with peace of mind. Also remember you're seeing the doctor real soon. :)

Hello, thank you for this response!! I just woke up and i am feeling anxious already... I’ve been awake maybe 10 minutes and have already convinced myself that I’m having heart problems, i cannot make this end. My chest hurts and my heart is beating so fast. I’m terrified and don’t know how to prove to myself that it’s okay??

GiantMogwai
09-07-18, 12:57
When I'm feeling lots of anxiety one of the worst times is when I wake up. Get dressed, have some breakfast. Then rest.

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

Are you up and about now Kay?

jray23
09-07-18, 16:16
I have been guilty of "pulse-checking" obsessions so many times! Even recently for a little while. Here's the thing though. As hard as it is, the way to calm yourself is to NOT check the pulse. It really serves no positive purpose. It's a reassurance mechanism that clearly doesn't work for long. In fact all it does is remind you that you are scared of having a problem!

Perhaps think of an action you can take to distract yourself when the urge to check your pulse arises and do that action instead. Perhaps it is a grounding technique or a deep breathing exercise. It will probably be difficult at first but the more you do it the easier it will become.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

ankietyjoe
09-07-18, 17:46
Hello, thank you for this response!! I just woke up and i am feeling anxious already... I’ve been awake maybe 10 minutes and have already convinced myself that I’m having heart problems, i cannot make this end. My chest hurts and my heart is beating so fast. I’m terrified and don’t know how to prove to myself that it’s okay??

And that's why the only solution to anxiety is acceptance, and learning to be ok with the sensations.

You can learn that you're ok by repeating the experiences from the day before :-

'This happened yesterday, and I didn't die, I didn't get ill and I'm still here'.

The symptoms of anxiety are terrifying at times, and almost everybody here has experienced what you're experiencing now (myself included) but you CAN train yourself to be ok with the way it feels. That paradox of acceptance will eventually lead to the symptoms disappearing. It doesn't happen overnight though, it's a slow process.

An anxiety disorder is when anxiety becomes it's own trigger, and that's where you are now. There is literally nothing medically wrong with you, and you are NOT experiencing heart problems.

kay1218
09-07-18, 18:07
Another update... so far I’m having a better today. I had a small freak out this morning thinking i was having a heart attack and needed to be taken to the hospital. I am now feeling better yet not good.

Now I’m just a little ‘off’ feeling but this stands to reason as i haven’t been able to eat more than a couple bites for nearly a week now...

My symptoms now;
Fast/heavy heart rate
Dizzy/foggy feeling
Random bouts of not being able to swallow
Nausea when i eat, drink, or smell anything.
Very hot and cold. Either shivering or sweating with a beat red face.
Heart burn feeling (which is more than likely ACTUALLY heart burn)

Just wanna add that this post i am not necessarily looking for advice or for someone to tell me I’m okay just trying to share my experience beginning to end because i have read threads like that and they helped me! Also I’m having an easier time reasoning with myself today. I still have random times of thinking something is wrong like my heart but for the most part ive been able to calm myself.

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

And that's why the only solution to anxiety is acceptance, and learning to be ok with the sensations.

You can learn that you're ok by repeating the experiences from the day before :-

'This happened yesterday, and I didn't die, I didn't get ill and I'm still here'.

The symptoms of anxiety are terrifying at times, and almost everybody here has experienced what you're experiencing now (myself included) but you CAN train yourself to be ok with the way it feels. That paradox of acceptance will eventually lead to the symptoms disappearing. It doesn't happen overnight though, it's a slow process.

An anxiety disorder is when anxiety becomes it's own trigger, and that's where you are now. There is literally nothing medically wrong with you, and you are NOT experiencing heart problems.

I am seeing a doctor tomorrow and I’m in high hopes we can figure something out for me

Scass
09-07-18, 18:10
Really pleased you’re feeling a bit better today. You’ve had a horrible few days, but you can already start to see that there’s light at the end of the tunnel. Even if you start to feel worse again, remember this feeling and it will help you to keep moving forward.

And yes, keep posting if you feel that it’s helpful to you.