PDA

View Full Version : Scared of E coli help!

pixietrixie
09-07-18, 10:08
Hi all,

Sorry for this posting I'm really scared right now.
My kitten wasn't too well she had diarrhoea and vomiting and we took her to the vet. She got put on some antibiotics and it cleared up. A few days days later it came back with a vengeance. Rushed her straight to the vet and her tests came back with E Coli. They believe she got this from her Mum and it had played dorment.

I'm worried as it can be passed to humans. We have been so careful with her litter tray, but I'm worried as she comes and puts her little nose on our lips of a morning to wake us up.
She hasn't done this since last Thursday as we have slept separate since finding out it was E coli. We have also disinfected everything! But I'm just worried as I mentioned with her waking us of a morning and obviously she washed herself so hence why I'm worried about transmission.

I just need a bit of help right now please.

Many Thanks
Kirsty x

venusbluejeans
09-07-18, 10:40
Pretty sure it is only passed on by the cats faeces... now i am guessing you didn't clean the faeces out of the litter tray with your bare hands......

and you would know after this time if you had E coli too

pixietrixie
09-07-18, 10:48
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. 100% have not touched cat poop.
Was worried as she washes her bum to clean herself.
And then of a morning she wakes me and my partner up by putting her cold nose on our lips. So was worried about transmission this way. As mentioned though we've slept separate since we found out last Thursday.

venusbluejeans
09-07-18, 10:50
You are fine the chances of it happening are very low and as I say you would know by now if you had E Coli

pixietrixie
09-07-18, 11:10
Thank you for trying to help me. You really think I would have known by now?

venusbluejeans
09-07-18, 11:27
yep i do, normal incubation period is about 3 days

pixietrixie
10-07-18, 08:35
This is so crazy as I now don't remember if I washed my hands last thing last night after touching my cat.
I was feeling loads better this morning and then I started worrying if I had washed my hands after touching her.

pixietrixie
11-07-18, 19:53
Hi all,

Sorry for this posting I'm really scared right now.
My kitten wasn't too well she had diarrhoea and vomiting and we took her to the vet. She got put on some antibiotics and it cleared up. A few days days later it came back with a vengeance. Rushed her straight to the vet and her tests came back with E Coli. They believe she got this from her Mum and it had played dorment.

I'm worried as it can be passed to humans. We have been so careful with her litter tray, but I'm worried as she comes and puts her little nose on our lips of a morning to wake us up.
She hasn't done this since last Thursday as we have slept separate since finding out it was E coli. We have also disinfected everything! But I'm just worried as I mentioned with her waking us of a morning and obviously she washed herself so hence why I'm worried about transmission.

I then calmed down but after spending an evening with my cat I started to panic as I couldn't remember if I washed my hands before bed or not. That was Monday night.
I've been threating ever since I didn't let her touch my mouth and I didn't touch her mouth or anything but I've been really panicking, and today I've been feeling a bit off.

I've got a lot going on right now and don't cope very well so just need a bit of reassurance if advice or facts on E coli.

I just need a bit of help right now please.

Many Thanks
Kirsty x

KK77
11-07-18, 20:05
You posted this previously and got replies, Kirsty.

I would agree with others - you are highly unlikely to have got E. Coli from your pet. You would be very ill by now.

pixietrixie
11-07-18, 20:17
I know, but this part:

I then calmed down but after spending an evening with my cat I started to panic as I couldn't remember if I washed my hands before bed or not. That was Monday night.
I've been threating ever since I didn't let her touch my mouth and I didn't touch her mouth or anything but I've been really panicking, and today I've been feeling a bit off.

Only happened a couple of days ago.

venusbluejeans
11-07-18, 22:42
This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz