PDA

View Full Version : lymph nodes in armpit

lildude6666
09-07-18, 22:51
i have had a fear for a while that my lymph nodes have been up but after going to my gp who assured everything was fine i have noticed after contsant prodding that the lump in my armpit has got bigger. When the doctor checked it definately wasnt that big as it is now, Is this just my anxiety or should i be more worried about lump in armpit but i know i have been poking it alot. I feel like going to see my gp again who is lovely but i worry what she will think and if i am just annoying her.

nomorepanic
09-07-18, 23:06
If you poke it then it then it will never settle.

Leave it alone and see what happens

Stu1980
10-07-18, 14:44
I agree - prodding makes them much worse. I had a gland in my groin which I prodded intensely for a few days and it came up like a golf ball! I left it alone for a few days and down it went. Some glands come up and stay up, I've got one in my neck which I've had since I was in my 20s (now 38) and it never went down. Just the way our bodies operate sometimes. :hugs:

lblove
26-07-18, 02:43
Omg I am going through the same thing! I’ve had this awareness of my left armpit and a tender spot that comes and goes for at least 3 years. I’ve never had it checked out because it comes and goes, there doesn’t seem to be a lump that I can feel although it does feel muscley so I figured must be related to hormones or weightlifting. So this girl at my gym was just diagnosed with breast cancer, she’s my age, mid 30s, 3 small kids and it has totallyvsent me in to a tizzy with this armpit thing. I prodded, poked and massaged the hell out of my armpit yesterday to the point it was so sore. I made it much worse then it ever was. It is still sore today but getting better. Warm wet compress and anti inflammatories help.