PDA

View Full Version : Heart burn.... hopefully??

kay1218
10-07-18, 05:24
For the past 24 hours maybe a little more or less i have had really intense heart burn that is just gettin worse... I’m thinking it’s because i can’t eat and maybe there is just too much stomach acid in there with nothing to go with it.
I looked up how to get rid of heart burn that won’t go away and i TRULY for once, was not looking for anything scary or any kind of diagnosis. But i found “heart burn that won’t go away maybe be deadly in women as it may be a heart attack” OF COURSE is freaking out now....
Not sure if this will help with any advice but i also have a really bad headache around the eyes/right temple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howanxious
10-07-18, 05:51
Mmm, it doesn't really sound like something terrible. Sorry but why you cannot eat? You should take an antacid to stop this crisis. I have acid reflux many times a month and sometimes I get a really deep pain in my chest that bothers me even if I breath deeply, but I know that's just acid reflux and it's easily treatable. When I take Pantoprazole the pain subsides in 30 min. or even less.

kay1218
10-07-18, 05:59
Mmm, it doesn't really sound like something terrible. Sorry but why you cannot eat? You should take an antacid to stop this crisis. I have acid reflux many times a month and sometimes I get a really deep pain in my chest that bothers me even if I breath deeply, but I know that's just acid reflux and it's easily treatable. When I take Pantoprazole the pain subsides in 30 min. or even less.

I have had absolutely no appetite, when i eat I’m nauseous, once food is in my mouth i have absolutely no desire to swallow it. I’m not sure if this is from nerves or what but it’s been about the same time frame as my extremely bad anxiety. Also i have taken 3 antacids and drank some water and it’s hardly better if at all.

Howanxious
10-07-18, 06:14
I have had absolutely no appetite, when i eat I’m nauseous, once food is in my mouth i have absolutely no desire to swallow it. I’m not sure if this is from nerves or what but it’s been about the same time frame as my extremely bad anxiety. Also i have taken 3 antacids and drank some water and it’s hardly better if at all.

Are you getting any professional help for your anxiety? Not eating anything it's definitely not good for your body and mental health, you should do something about it. Anxiety and emotions can worsen or make acid reflux appear, that's what happens to me sometimes, so in any case you should put your mind at ease to begin to feel a little better :)

kay1218
10-07-18, 06:17
Are you getting any professional help for your anxiety? Not eating anything it's definitely not good for your body and mental health, you should do something about it. Anxiety and emotions can worsen or make acid reflux appear, that's what happens to me sometimes, so in any case you should put your mind at ease to begin to feel a little better :)

Seeing a doctor tomorrow!! I’m so excited that i might finally get some relief

Scass
10-07-18, 07:18
It’s very normal to get heartburn when you don’t eat. What came first, heartburn or lack of appetite?

kay1218
10-07-18, 22:58
I saw a doctor today, she checked my pulse, my blood pressure, and my temp. All normal as far as i know considering she didn’t mention anything being wrong. I discussed with her that i want to try a natural plan before a medical plan. Id like to try counseling and yoga before trying medication.
I start counseling on Friday! I am extremely excited to see how much it can help me.

She also took blood to test for anything with my thyroid and also said it will prove to me that my heart is okay!

.... the downside... she didn’t listen to my heart, i won’t know about my blood work until she calls... so I’m still in a panic about my heart. I’m not sure if they can tell if all is well through blood pressure and pulse and I’m also not sure if she would have told me if my blood pressure was bad. Also this last paragraph is my anxiety talking of course

Scass
11-07-18, 07:07
If she was worried she would have said. Great news about starting therapy soon [emoji846]

kay1218
12-07-18, 15:37
I saw a doctor today, she checked my pulse, my blood pressure, and my temp. All normal as far as i know considering she didn’t mention anything being wrong. I discussed with her that i want to try a natural plan before a medical plan. Id like to try counseling and yoga before trying medication.
I start counseling on Friday! I am extremely excited to see how much it can help me.

She also took blood to test for anything with my thyroid and also said it will prove to me that my heart is okay!

.... the downside... she didn’t listen to my heart, i won’t know about my blood work until she calls... so I’m still in a panic about my heart. I’m not sure if they can tell if all is well through blood pressure and pulse and I’m also not sure if she would have told me if my blood pressure was bad. Also this last paragraph is my anxiety talking of course

I saw a counselor/therapist yesterday and I’m beginning to feel better... I’m still not feeling great. Like this morning as soon as i woke up my heart was absolutely RACING and i have no idea why but i was able to not panic about it.

Yesterday i had a pretty bad panic attack in the after noon, nothing special or new... felt like i was having a heart attack, felt like i was going to pass out, asked to be taken to the hospital and was told no. But that was my only panic attack yesterday and I’ve been having multiple a day so I’m proud of myself

Also i haven’t been able to eat but the last two days i learned i can keep down yogurt with oats in it which is really healthy and the doctor said if i can’t eat much i should eat healthy when i do eat so again, I’m proud of myself.

I’m beginning to feel like I’m on the road to recovery rather than the road to losing myself to this.

I still have some bad moments as i said, like i woke up maybe 20/30 minutes ago so my heart is still racing but I’ve told myself that’s just what my heart does in the morning and I’m calm enough to be writing here.

I also found an app on my iPhone which i find would be extremely helpful for people with health anxiety regarding heart attacks such as myself.... it’s called health mate and it can take your heart rate with your phone camera (not sure if it’s on phones other than iPhones)

The counselor also suggested that to shorten a panic attack you can dunk your head in a bowl of ice water and it will shock your nervous system and stop the attack.

kay1218
12-07-18, 17:20
I have about 10 spots on my body that feel like there bruised but they’re not... could this be anything serious? My counselor is working on me not looking up my symptoms but i don’t think this is anxiety related. It’s not a symptom my head is making up, it actually feels bruised to the touch but it’s not blue or purple or discolored at all. I have this on the sides of my legs about 2 or 3 inches about my knee, on the backs of both arms above my elbow, on the back of my right shoulder, about 3 inches above my right ankle, on my back a little below where your bra strap is, and towards the top of my butt... I’m really unsure of what this could be... in a little worried but I’m trying not to panic about it

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

I have about 10 spots on my body that feel like there bruised but they’re not... could this be anything serious? My counselor is working on me not looking up my symptoms but i don’t think this is anxiety related. It’s not a symptom my head is making up, it actually feels bruised to the touch but it’s not blue or purple or discolored at all. I have this on the sides of my legs about 2 or 3 inches about my knee, on the backs of both arms above my elbow, on the back of my right shoulder, about 3 inches above my right ankle, on my back a little below where your bra strap is, and towards the top of my butt... I’m really unsure of what this could be... in a little worried but I’m trying not to panic about it

Also on the back of my neck where my hair starts

xastropadro31
12-07-18, 17:22

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

Also on the back of my neck where my hair starts

Has your back been hurting like lower back pain and stuff ?

kay1218
12-07-18, 17:22
Has your back been hurting like lower back pain and stuff ?

The other night it was but not today

GiantMogwai
12-07-18, 18:03
Spots near hair follicles can be quite sore when you push them, even gently.

kay1218
12-07-18, 18:05
Spots near hair follicles can be quite sore when you push them, even gently.

They’re not going not spots though each one probably hurts in an area about as big as my palm. Also that wouldn’t explain a couple of those... don’t get me wrong, i appreciate you even responding because i haven’t got a lot of that since i joined

AMomentofClarity
12-07-18, 18:15
Sounds an awful lot like anxiety muscle tension honestly.

IreneRumi
12-07-18, 18:20
In a similar place as you, hope you find relief from your anxiety!

Elen
12-07-18, 18:39
Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

kay1218
12-07-18, 18:40
Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

I’m sorry i will start posting in the same threads!!

jray23
12-07-18, 18:55
It sounds like you are starting to turn the corner congrats! There will likely be some moments of "setback" but that is normal. Now that you are beginning to tune out your heart worries, your panicky brain is going to start looking for other alternatives to convince yourself to freak out about. The mind doesn't like being tuned out! I've seen it in myself and I see it in posters here too. I am not a doctor so I can't diagnose this new concern but that's probably what is happening, and probably the pain is coming from muscle tension.

You may not realize it but especially in a situation like yours where you have been extremely panicked and anxious for an extended time, and not eating well, your muscles have probably been in overdrive and need to relax!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Scass
12-07-18, 19:36
I don’t know Kay. Do they move around at all or always stay the same?
Anxiety is a funny beast, it can make all sorts of places hurt. It may be from where you’ve been tensing muscles due to your anxiety.

kay1218
12-07-18, 19:38
I don’t know Kay. Do they move around at all or always stay the same?
Anxiety is a funny beast, it can make all sorts of places hurt. It may be from where you’ve been tensing muscles due to your anxiety.

They’re all in the same spots. I think they’re pressure spots from sitting and laying too much. Like the ones on my thigh and ankle match up with the way i sit, like they touch. The ones on my arms I’m not sure about. The one on my back is where the back of my seat presses on my back. I think my body is telling me it’s time to get up and do stuff

GiantMogwai
12-07-18, 21:25
Ah you meant "spot" as in place not like a zit. Aha.

Yup this is classic anxiety muscle tension.

That said, please make sure with your lack of eating a lot that you are keeping up with all the necessary vitamins and minerals.

kay1218
12-07-18, 21:27
Ah you meant "spot" as in place not like a zit. Aha.

Yup this is classic anxiety muscle tension.

That said, please make sure with your lack of eating a lot that you are keeping up with all the necessary vitamins and minerals.

I just saw the doctor the other day and she said if i was drinking she wasn’t worried about my not eating for the time being, she said if i can eat, eat something healthy but other than that she would see me in 6 weeks. She never suggested vitamins or anything... I’m assuming it’s not a concern for me right now as I’m a little over weight

GiantMogwai
12-07-18, 21:42
I just saw the doctor the other day and she said if i was drinking she wasn’t worried about my not eating for the time being, she said if i can eat, eat something healthy but other than that she would see me in 6 weeks. She never suggested vitamins or anything... I’m assuming it’s not a concern for me right now as I’m a little over weight

In my opinion if you are not eating much you should take vitamin supplements that include vitamins C, D, and B12, as well as a bit of magnesium and omega 3s.